• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Veteran's Day

Dabs

Registered Member
Tomorrow, Thursday, the 11th, is Veteran's Day.
It's a major holiday here in the states, not sure about some other countries.
The banks will be closed, the post offices, all the governmental offices.
And our local Golden Corral is offering a free dinner to all veterans who come in.
That was nice.
So, what does Veteran's Day mean to you??

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
To be honest it means nothing to me personally..
It'll be just like any other day.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
It's called Remembrance Day here in Canada. Everything is also closed tomorrow and I don't work. It's a day to remember that because of those who died in the war, we're free to work where we wanna work, own what we wanna own and spend our time doing what we wanna do. Also, since Canada's involvement in the first world war helped to usher Canada into independence, the deaths of the soldiers mean that much more.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll be off tomorrow as well. I think Rememberance Day is a very important day to have. So many soliders fought in the war for us to have so many things today.

Even though this is just a small way to thank them, I still believe its important to remember them.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't get Veteran's Day off but that's okay because it's awesome that we have a day specifically for these men and women.

I'll be honest I'm not really a pro-war guy but I do respect all these people who go over to fight for our freedom. Who knows where we would be without them.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I guess Rememberance Day in Canada is like Memorial Day in the US, a day dedicated to those who have lost their lives in defense of the country, whereas Veterans Day is dedicated to all those who served, in wartime or in peacetime. Veterans Day is a great holiday to me and it just a small appreciation for all those who have served. If you see a veteran somewhere thank them for their service, it's the least we can do.

Dabs

Registered Member
Well like I said, the governmental offices are all closed, but schools are open, so it's not a holiday for everyone.
But some places plan a big hoopla for those who are Veteran's.......it's a good day for them I'm sure, to be recognized~

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I guess Rememberance Day in Canada is like Memorial Day in the US, a day dedicated to those who have lost their lives in defense of the country, whereas Veterans Day is dedicated to all those who served, in wartime or in peacetime. Veterans Day is a great holiday to me and it just a small appreciation for all those who have served. If you see a veteran somewhere thank them for their service, it's the least we can do.
Remembrance Day is a combination of both of those things actually. We recognize past soldiers and current soldiers.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Yeah we have rememberance day.

It always makes me sad. I know my grandad is sat in his house thinking of his brother and it breaks my heart for that man to be sad.

Lest we forget...