• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Very Expensive Truffle

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no idea what makes them worth so much since you don't get a list of ingredients. Maybe there's gold in them but I wouldn't pay that much for it even if I had the money to do so.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Guys, you don't put anything IN truffle. A truffle is an ingredient in it's own, almost like mushrooms (kinda taste like mushrooms anyway). Are you guys maybe thinking of trifles, which is a desert with a few ingredients in it? Did you even look at the article? It has a picture of the truffle right there.

Truffles are a very expensive food item, as they only grow in a certain place in Europe. White truffles are even more rare, and this was apparently one of the biggest ones ever found.

Truffle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'm talking about the dessert truffle, idisrsly. Dessert truffles mainly involve candies.
I really think you mean trifle, which is the dessert. Did you read the article? Did you see the picture?

No one paid that much for a dessert with candy in it. :lol: They paid it for a very rare, very sought after piece of white TRUFFLE. I posted a wikipedia link for your convenience in my previous post.
------
This is a truffle.

This is a trifle.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Chocolate truffle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yes, the word truffle can refer to a dessert.

But if you read the article you would see that it's talking about the rare fungus.

I don't care how rare something is, nothing tastes good enough to be worth $95,000. It's a case of someone wanting to spend an absurd amount of money just because he can. And people complain that the rich are too highly taxed. Please.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Ah, ok, I can see where the truffle confusion could come in then. Still though, nothing in that article suggest they are talking about the chocolate dessert version of truffle. :lol:

Last edited: