Vermont has the right idea

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Oct 24, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I got this in an E-mail yesterday so I can't cite a source... I thought it was amusing. I think its a non-binding resolution at best, but still a spit in the face of anti-gunners.

Go Vermont!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009

2. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

That is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. I actually own a gun, but thats the most ass backwards proposal I've ever seen.

This is my favorite part...

Yeah because there is such a high probability of a ground war in Vermont. Yeah the Mexican Drug Cartels are on their way up right now with all their way on up through the heartland of America right into Vermont. Terrorists decided they weren't just gonna blow up bombs attached to dudes in crowded malls anymore, they're going to take the fight to America right on into Vermont.

Who the hell is Vermont defending itself from?

America is about choices you have a choice to own a gun, you have a choice to carry a gun. I have a choice not to. I have a choice to guns don't necessarily make me safer and I have a choice not to arm myself with a gun.

I have a baseball bat and a riot baton. Tell me am I exempt or do I have to be able to kill anyone who enters my home to not have to pay the fine.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I love this idea, the government needs to make sure every citizen purchases a gun and fine those that don't, everyone needs to be prepared to defend their state and register for their respective state militia.

4. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

As much as I believe this is a good idea, I believe this a clear violation of people's rights. It is wrong for the government to force people to own a firearm. Imagine all the stupid people who will have this tremendous responsibility on their hands. Accidents will go up, as will gun related crimes. This is just a wrong idea. Besides, imagine the malcontenet for the taxes and fees. More people will just be pissed at the government than the people satisfied.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I actually live in Vermont, and I can tell you that half the people here shouldn't be allowed to see a gun, let alone own one.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm not against guns by any means, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of and I don't see how anyone can support it.

7. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

How funny! I like the turnabout is fair play idea. You don't have to be prepared to defend yourself, you can choose to pay the extra tax. Ha Ha.

Really not a good idea, but poetic and amusing.

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

It isnt 1787 anymore. Didn't he get the memo?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Exactly:)

I don't think the government has the authority to force you to buy anything including health care

10. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I don't find this to be a very good idea.

If people don't want to bear arms, they shouldn't have to pay more.