Movies Venom spin-off movie

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Altanzitarron, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Empire: Movie News - Venom Getting A Spin-Off?
    Well it seems like talks of a Venom solo movie are in process... I don't really know how to feel about this one. I don't know whether they'd somehow come up with some cheat to make it continue on from Spider-man 3 or if it will be a total restart of the character with a new origin that leaves out good ol spidey. Also would they take him down the anti-hero route making him less of a villain? As cool as Venom is, surely the best thing about him is the dynamic he has with Spider-man so I can't see this working.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I was so pissed to see how little time Venom had in Spiderman 3, I'd love to see him get his own flick.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Since it would be an expansion on Venom from the last Spider-man movie I wouldn't mind. Either that or they could've made Spider-man 3 longer with more development.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I didn't think that Toby Mcguire (sp?) was a good pick for Venom. I always pictured his alter-ego to be a big, strong guy. Not a skinny little pothead.

5. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I agree with Cons, I was disappointed by how little time Venom got in Spiderman 3. I would definitely go see this if they made it.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Topher Grace, Toby is Spiderman.

I think it's a nice selection because it's a case of opposites (kind of like the superheroes themselves).

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think it worked well in Spiderman 3. Killing venom was probably a mistake though considering he can't easily be brought back into the script.

As for an entirely new movie with him, it would have to be separate. Bad thing is that the plots can't really coincide. Venom was created and killed within the course of Spiderman 3, which ends up at no more than a few days in plot timeline.

They would have to think of a new way to introduce him, or a way to revive him somehow. Both of which I think will not go over well.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

That's what I get for not thinking before I post. Thanks for the catch, Cons, I meant Topher.

9. red_ranger

red_ranger Registered Member

How about the carnage????

10. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Venom doesn't die that easily. :O

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008