• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Vehicular Adwraps

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
A while back I heard about this program via Yahoo News. I laughed and figured "eh its cool, but they wouldnt want someone in my area".

Then a week later I've seen roughly 4-5 different vehicles taking advantage of this Adwrap program.

Basically it works like this:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adwraps business concept is centered around exploiting and capitalizing on one thing - personal transportation. The average person currently spends two hours a day in their vehicle, drives more than 40 miles per day, takes four plus trips per day and travels more than forty-eight miles a day on weekends. How do these statistics translate into an advertising opportunity? The fact people are outside in their vehicles and looking at other vehicles, makes them the perfect mobile billboards.

Source: Adwraps :: vehicle wraps, wall graphics, window graphics, floor signs, banners, mega prints, trade show info, and custom decals
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
The article explained that drivers with this adwrap will recieve anywhere from $400-1,500 a month for doing nothing more than maintaining their own driving habits and lifestyle.

Call me a sellout, lol but I just put my application in about 5 minutes ago. I could REALLY use an extra 500 bucks a month :hah:

What do you guys think of this?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I once paid $20 or so to be on such a list. I never heard back. I guess I am a sucker too. :lol:

Hopefully you didn't pay any money to apply. That seems to be how they make their money. You have to imagine the demand of people wanting to do this would far outweigh the supply of advertisers wanting to shell out the cash.

But hey if it works then more power to you.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
nah the one I put my ad on was free, it was through a company that actually applies the Vinyl's. The way I understood it is that they get a list of applicants and then the Marketers come to them asking for possibilities. I didnt pay to have my name listed.

Its one of those things that I figure, even if they never call, at least I can say I tried.

chris06299

Registered Member
It sounds almost like an ad wrap you would find on a transit vehicle. I wonder how much a bus company makes in revnue for wrapping a bus?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
icegoat63 Technology 1