• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Vegetarians/ Vegans

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I was just wondering if there are any other vegetarians or vegans here? Whether that be for ethical reasons, religion, health, ecological whichever it is. I've been vegetarian myself for about 6 years now. I have considered veganism every now and then but always found it VERY difficult to stick to. I have no problem at all being vegetarian though, that's easy for me.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I have been thinking about going vegetarian, but I'm a really picky eater that would struggle with it. I hate most vegetables, nuts, and I find it hard to eat tofu.

If anything, I might go organic. I know I'm making the switch to organic/cage free eggs.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Kay, I thought you were a vagetarian?

I love chicken too much to stick to just veg. I don't eat other meat all that much. I eat a lot of chicken and a lot of tuna because they are so nice with so many different types of food.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've tried and I really should try harder. I have had vegetarian chili that completely fooled me because it was so good.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Kay, I thought you were a vagetarian?

I love chicken too much to stick to just veg. I don't eat other meat all that much. I eat a lot of chicken and a lot of tuna because they are so nice with so many different types of food.
This is the same for a lot of people, chicken is usually the hardest thing to say goodbye to. I was lucky in that sense because I watched a film about a year before I turned veggo that REALLY put me off chicken. I stopped eating chicken a whole year before I actually went vegetarian so it made the transition smoother.

Hmm, am I really the only full vegetarian on this site? Interesting.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Don't base that on three replies when you only made the thread this morning lol.

I'm sure there are others.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I didn't! I made it last night, slept for 8 hours then checked it when I woke up haha. I just figure with the time differences that a lot of people would be on during my nighttime. But you are right, I should give it a good full day or two to get the full amount of responses.

Impact

V.I.P.
It's something i've looked in to, and considered, but I honestly don't think I could do it. I love steak too much, and it feels like I haven't eaten properly if I haven't eaten meat at least once in a day. Like i've just been snacking.

qweerblue

Registered Member
Hey, Crouton! So, here's my story: I went vegetarian in 1994, went vegan in 1998, and then went back to vegetarianism in 2002. In 2006, I dated a woman who ate meat, and, though I had never really been tempted before, one day I found myself eating some bacon. A year or so later, I had some tuna steak. Last year, I ate a regular steak at a party a friend of mine threw. I have eaten meat on occasion since then, but I'm working back toward being vegetarian again, or, actually, probably mostly vegan. At some point recently I decided that I was more interested in being a "locavore" and supporting my local farms and markets than I was in being a true vegan or vegetarian, and, so, I think there's room in my diet for the occasional meat, egg, or cheese fix, as long as it's produced locally and humanely.

Jeanie is vegetarian, though I think she also has the occasional seafood dish, though not so much that she'd call herself a true pesce-vegetarian...

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Hey, Crouton! So, here's my story: I went vegetarian in 1994, went vegan in 1998, and then went back to vegetarianism in 2002. In 2006, I dated a woman who ate meat, and, though I had never really been tempted before, one day I found myself eating some bacon. A year or so later, I had some tuna steak. Last year, I ate a regular steak at a party a friend of mine threw. I have eaten meat on occasion since then, but I'm working back toward being vegetarian again, or, actually, probably mostly vegan. At some point recently I decided that I was more interested in being a "locavore" and supporting my local farms and markets than I was in being a true vegan or vegetarian, and, so, I think there's room in my diet for the occasional meat, egg, or cheese fix, as long as it's produced locally and humanely.

Jeanie is vegetarian, though I think she also has the occasional seafood dish, though not so much that she'd call herself a true pesce-vegetarian...
Jeanie fell off the wagon a couple of years ago. I eat turkey and chicken now. and bacon. fucking bacon. why must you be so tasty, Babe?