• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Vegetable Juice

dDave

V.I.P.
I've been drinking a bit of V8 vegetable juice recently. It's not bad but I really don't like how it basically tastes like cold tomato soup.

I know I've got a juicer just sitting in storage waiting to be used. I used to juice stuff like carrots and celery all the time and I remember how convenient it was to just be able to drink a whole days worth of vegetables in a matter of seconds rather than just having to chew and chew.

Anybody else have a juicer or drink vegetable juice? Do you prefer it over regular raw vegetables?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Considering I don't eat enough vegetables I should drink V8. I use to and I like it but I have gotten out of the habit. I think it really does help with balancing out your diet.

I never use a juicer but a lot of vegies I would just as soon eat. If I couldn't buy V8 I doubt I would drink any vegetable juice.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I actually like V8. However, I don't really drink it because I worry about the preservatives and chemicals used in it. It's probably better to just go ahead and eat the vegetable. I feel like if I drank the V8 I would probably be defeating my own purpose of getting vegetables because of all the additives to make it taste decent and for it to stay preserved.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love the taste of V8. I've been drinking it since I was a kid. My Dad actually introduced it to me and I always enjoyed it.

Its something that after I drink it I feel like I drank something really good for me.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I was just talking about this the other day (probably a couple months ago). V8 is one of those things that always looks delicious to me, and seems like it should be in theory, but just isn't. And it never is. It's like purchasing disappointment for me. I haven't tried all the varieties or anything, and there's thousands (maybe slight hyperbole), but I'm not entirely sure I want to. I don't know how often I can let vegetable juice let me down, only to return to it like an abused spouse.

Most of my vegetable consumption these days comes from those steamers things. Also, pizza toppings. They totally count.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I looove juicing, but it's such a pain in the ass. Maybe I'll get back into it. I really miss it. I used to juice pineapple, mango, spinach, and carrots together. It was so yummy. You couldn't taste the veggies, just the fruit.

dDave

V.I.P.
That sounds amazing Kay, I'll have to try that when I pull out the juicer.

V8 splash is what I wish I had (might pick some up next time I'm at the store). Regular V8 is like cold tomato soup with chunks, not the best.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I haven't had V8 in years. I used to think it tasted like crap, but I should give it another try. Probably nowhere near as good or healthy as what you can make with a juicer though. I hear really good things about juicers.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I like adding things like carrot or celery into juice with fruit in them too, but I don't like drinking just vegetable juice. I can't get out of my mind that it tastes like drinking pasta sauce.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I just dusted off my juicer from storage as well and started juicing again tonight. Like Kay, I really do love juicing, but it is a bit of a pain, mostly the cleaning part afterward. I heard about this guy that replaced two meals a day with vegetable juice and lost a lot of weight in about 3 months or something. I want to try that. :lol:

I try to not put more than one fruit in a batch of juice though. I love beetroot, so that is usually my main ingredient, with carrots, spinach, cauliflower and pumpkin, and with apple OR pineapple OR orange.