• Veganism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Veganism is a philosophy and lifestyle that avoids using animals and animal products for food, clothing and other purposes. In practice, a vegan (an adherent to veganism) commits to the abstention from consumption or use of all animal products, including meat, fish, poultry, honey, eggs and dairy products, as well as articles made of fur, wool, bone, leather, feathers, pearls, mother of pearl, coral, and other materials of animal origin. Many vegans also avoid products that have been tested on animals. People who avoid eating all animal products, but who otherwise use animal by-products (for example, leather shoes) are commonly referred to as dietary vegans.

Source - Wikipedia.org

Personally, I just don't get it. I think it's one of the more restrictive and odd lifestyle choices one can make. What drives me even more nuts, is that I was just surfing Myspace and came across a page sponsored by the "Got Milk?" people and a bunch of these vegans starting flaming and bashing people for drinking milk. I hate and I can't stress this enough, I HATE IT when people try to 'convert' me to their thinking and ideaology, because it basically is them saying, "We know you're pathetic enough that we can brainwash you to think what we think!"

I'm an omnivore, as I believe that animals should be allowed to be eaten. Granted, I would bother me if someone is beating the shit out of the chickens before the kill them *coughKFCcough*. That's just wrong, let the thing die quick at least.

What are your thoughts? Are you vegan? A different version of one?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
I'm not a vegan, though my ex-girlfriend was one, and I get their ideology somewhat.

If you subscribe to veganism, than you essentially deny that you are the top of the food chain, and also deny yourself an easy way to supply yourself with nutrients. Milk is plentiful in many vitamins and proteins that would be much harder to obtain through other measures.

However, given how we treat animals, and how they often get diseases that they pass on through their products, I can see how veganism could be part of a healthy lifestyle. I don't think it's logical to deny yourself options when it comes to food, but I don't have a problem with people who subscribe to it.

As for the "recruiting" vegans, as with every other group that tries to recruit people to the cause, it's wrong and of poor taste.

BigBlue

----------------------
im not a vegan or vegitarian..

Im an omnivore *garrr* I eat anything really thats acceptable to the western society..

but my friend's family is all vegatarian exept for him, what a bummer huh. he loves eating BBQ and steak but he said its only in a rare occasion that he gets to eat it.. HAHA man thats sad..

but I dont have nothing against vegans or vegitarians, its their lifestyle they chose.. it may be stupid but we cant do anything about it.
Oh yea and I believe God wanted us to eat animals..:D

Sephy

Forum Drifter
I eat everything but you shouldn't bash those people for what they eat. Yeah they shouldn't try to 'convert' others or whatever the hell you're saying but it doesn't give you the right to start putting them down. just because you don't 'get it' doesn't mean you are better than they are. True it isn't very healthy but it's their choice so leave them alone.

Italiano

Film Elitist
I wish they'd leave everyone else alone. It's them who try to convert everyone else, saying "eating bacon is murder".

Your diet is your choice. Let me eat what I want to eat, but don't drag me into your lifestyle because I don't want it.

They seem to be the ones who don't "get" our lifestyle because they keep trying convince us to change it.

I'm not against people eating what they want (besides cannibalism) as long as they don't make a large uproar about the things that we eat.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Sephy said:
I eat everything but you shouldn't bash those people for what they eat. Yeah they shouldn't try to 'convert' others or whatever the hell you're saying but it doesn't give you the right to start putting them down. just because you don't 'get it' doesn't mean you are better than they are. True it isn't very healthy but it's their choice so leave them alone.
Point me to where I said I was better than them. Oh wait, I didn't. Guess you didn't find anything then, eh?

I have nothing against it, I just think it's rejecting a natural thing. For the most part, it's the whole "conversion" deal that pisses me off. If anything, most vegans I've met feel they're the ones better than everyone just because they think they're saving animals.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
Yeah they can have that attitude. Eating that way is unhealthy. I agree it's natural to eat meat and milk and all that, and the 'conversion' thing is wrong. It just seemed to me you had a pent up rage against vegans.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Sephy said:
Yeah they can have that attitude. Eating that way is unhealthy. I agree it's natural to eat meat and milk and all that, and the 'conversion' thing is wrong. It just seemed to me you had a pent up rage against vegans.
I do, because whenever I've met one, they try to 'teach' me why what I eat, wear, and support is wrong. I'm not saying they're the only ones that do it, but I've encountered more people like that in the vegan crowd than any other.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
Oh, I've never had a situation like that with a vegan so I can't relate in that way. However I have had similar situations regarding other issues and yeah it can be quite annoying. So rage away.

F

FCXShogun

Vegan is the worst lifestyle and perhaps the mst idotic way to live your life by no offense. I mean they thought that by not eating animals/animals product it can be healthy, etc or perhaps they feel some sort of sympathy to the living (the animals) but why cant they be smart enough to think if the whole population of the world are turning vegan that would cause more trouble to humanity.

First, as we dont kill the the animals, wont they just keep spreading out. The results could be an over populated animals in the world which can cause problem such as diseases, hygiene issues, etc. Also we need to worry about or nutrients I mean where can we get iron, calcium, etc (important nutrients) which many of them are from animals? (Sure there are alternatives but it cost more than taking in teh animal itself and how long can you keep it up?)

Then if we are all turning to vegan wont that 'kill' or 'destroy' many industries thus causing many people to loose their jobs which than can result in unemployement which can go on to homeless people, scarce resources, etc. We have many industries which based on animals/ animals product.

Conclusion, Vegan IMO is a selfish lifestyle they think of one side of the problem not both, but I do agree though against the cruelty towards animal for being used as clothes (leather jackets, etc). Btw Im Ominivore just like any human in the right state of mind.