• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Veg sheperds pie

Daemonic

Registered Member
I got this somewhere else and modified it today to make it better so here is the improved version of what I got...

• 4 medium potatoes, diced
    2 Tbsp. margarine
    1/4 cup soy milk or liquid nondairy creamer
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    1 medium onion, finely chopped
    1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
    12 oz. faux ground beef-style crumbles (try Yves® Veggie Ground Round)
    1 10.5-oz. can Campbells mushroom gravy (or 1 1/4 cups prepared vegetarian gravy of your choice)
    1 6-oz. can mixed peas and carrots, drained
    Salt, garlic powder, pepper, and red pepper flakes, to taste
1 6-oz can of corn • Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with the margarine and soy milk or nondairy creamer. Season with salt and pepper.
• In a medium pan, sauté the onion in the oil until translucent.
• In a medium bowl, mix the cooked onions, faux beef crumbles, mushroom gravy, peas and carrots, and spices. Pour into a pie pan. Top the crumble mixture with the potatoes, spreading to the edges.
• Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are browned and the crumble mixture bubbles out the edges.
1 6 oz can of corn

Basically, I added corn and replaced cayenne with pepper flakes. The veggies had been lacking and corn seemed like a good choice.

Last edited: