VBPlaza

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Vidic15, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Can we please have that back?

It was pretty good and fun to use.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Working on it. It's doesn't fully work in the latest version of the forums though, which is why I haven't added it yet.

3. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Uhhh, what is it?

4. Mirage

It's a store where you can buy various things with points (or in our case probably chips) that you earn for various things, most of which are already available by default here (bigger avatars, etc) so I'm not sure how many things would even be able to be in it.. but it's not an issue right now because it doesn't work with the version of the forum software we are running here.

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Why not introduce points to the forum as well?

6. Mirage

We'll probably use chips as points when the time comes.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Sounds okay, but the amount of chips earned with each post seems off. I think the store should have a lottery too like the last incarnation did on FC.

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

So I lose my insane amount of points from FC?

I liked the points and banking system. I wouldnt like the system to based on chips...

9. Mirage

Well right now there's no possibility of it unless I code it myself which is unlikely. (Or unless one of you wants to step up to the plate)

There isn't a store that works with the current version of vBulletin so it's a non issue right now.

As for losing points does that really matter? 99% of the things you could buy in the old store are default features now with no need to buy them.

10. Tekkei

Tekkei Registered Member

Ah, the VBStore?

The unfortunate thing about the VBPlaza or VBStore, whatever you want to call it--I usually just call it the "points system"--is that it isn't compatible with most versions of VBulletin. A forum I mod at had it a few times, but it was taken off for screwing up the forum/database (something technical I never bothered with finding out) and because people tended to abuse the system.

I think it's cool overall. I like getting rich, lol. But it's still mostly flawed when it comes to being compatible with newer versions of VB. I'm not an expert on VB or anything, I never did any coding, but that's what I've heard from my superiors on other forums when I asked them why the points system was taken away (on behalf of the members, since I honestly could've cared less.)

It's cool, though.