• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Vampire Weekend

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
With their newest album "Modern Vampires of the City" out now and getting good reviews, I thought I'd start a thread to discuss peoples' take on the band.

I've always liked their songs but never remembered to buy an album. I've bought all three now and I definitely like the music a lot. Creative and unique, the band seems to not worry about experimenting with their sound.

It's definitely good chill out music IMO.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have heard of them and may give them a shot. I think I was put off them by the name and assumed they were some kind of an emo band but I will give them a go and report back on what I think.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I can see that going off of the name, lol. I may have thought that myself early on. But no, I'd describe the music as indy/alt rock. I'm not sure if they'd still be indy technically because of success, but they have that offbeat sound that you find in that music community.