• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Vampire Graves Unearthed

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They have uncovered two graves from the middles ages in Bulgaria and found the corpse's with a iron rod stuck in their chests. Now they are calling them vampires. The director of the National Museum of History said this was common practice at that time. The people were superstitious about bad men rising from the dead.

I've always liked a good vampire movie but it amazes me that people use to ( and I guess still do) think that they really existed. Can you imagine what it would be like living with those types of superstitions. Thinking a vampire is going to come in and drink all your blood.

'Vampire' Graves Unearthed Near Black Sea Town

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
That's pretty neat actually. Its amazing that even to this day, they're still unearthing new burials and things like that. You'd think they'd have found it all by now eh.

I can imagine that a lot of these superstitions are kind of why technology didn't progress for awhile in those days. Everyone was too afraid to waste time inventing. They spent all their time hiding and being scared.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can understand why people of that time period were so superstitious, they didn't know any better. Most were not educated at all, so when things happened that were unusual and they didn't understand they automatically attributed it to the occult, gods will, spirits, etc.

You would think everything that can be found has been found by now but new things keep cropping up.

the_wanderer

Registered Member
The world was a scary place at night before electric lighting. And a poorly informed one before Snopes.com, and I guess widespread mandatory education too. :p

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I actually guessed what country it would be from, at least what part of the world actually.

Back in the day, people were a lot more religious than they are now hence the situations that occurred and 'getting rid of the devil' (Vampires, witches, etc)

shadowchild

Registered Member
Can you imagine what it would be like living with those types of superstitions. Thinking a vampire is going to come in and drink all your blood.
I think that after a while of nobody getting sucked dry that I would write it off as fantasy. When I was a little kid my baby sitter used to watch horror movies while he was watching me. For awhile I had nightmares and didn't like turning off my light when I was going to sleep, but eventually I grew a pair and challenged the /monsters/.. when I was alive the next day I decided that these /boogeymen/ were an irrational fear. If a little kid could rise above monsters, I'd hope that adults could too.

That's pretty neat actually. Its amazing that even to this day, they're still unearthing new burials and things like that. You'd think they'd have found it all by now eh.
Yeah it is amazing with our technology you'd think they would have mapped the whole world with satellites and sonar finding all the relics and pirates booty.

Back in the day, people were a lot more religious than they are now hence the situations that occurred and 'getting rid of the devil' (Vampires, witches, etc)
Religion is vampiric by nature feeding off the irrational fears of people.