• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Valve's Steam Box

dDave

V.I.P.
It looks as If Valve wants to get into the console market in the 8th generation. This is after we've all become accustomed to seeing Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony hold almost 100% control over this market.

I think that this could be big. It isn't a console quite as much as a computer designed for use on your TV.

I have a nice PC and probably won't be getting one of these. What do you guys think?

Impact

V.I.P.
I don't think there is a need. The console market is pretty much taken up, and they seem to do fine with the computer market. Plus, a lot of people are just going to think how you have in that if they already have a decent computer capable of gaming then they don't need this.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
It's good that someone new is finally breaking into the console market. Also knowing Valve, it'll be a quality console. It'll be nice for those people who want to play steam games but can't afford a computer capable. They can just get the steam box and be able to play any of the games.

dDave

V.I.P.
I actually think it would be a much better idea for Valve to make a partnership with say Sony or Microsoft and implement the full features of Steam onto one of those next-gen consoles. We could end up with the XBOX: Valve or maybe the PlayStation: Steam. :lol:

Seriously though, it's going to cost almost as much as a real computer, I don't see the real need for this console given that everybody is very accustomed to playing on their PCs already. (and quite frankly, I like it that way). It'll be good for die hard console gamers that won't touch a computer that want to experience Steam though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Video Games 1
Crouton Video Games 0
Crouton Video Games 6
sunrise Video Games 2
Iris Video Games 0