• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Valve Unveils Steam Controller

dDave

V.I.P.
And I thought that the Wii U had a unique controller...

This thing completely revolutionizes the way controls in general will work.

Valve Announces Steam Controller - IGN

I guess people should get used to the idea of touchscreen controllers, they're here to stay.

I think this new controller looks odd. I'm not sure I understand how the pads you get are comparable to a joystick. Definitely something I'd like to try though.

Thoughts?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
That thing looks fantastic. Steam has nailed revolutionary controls with this and I hope to see it paired with the Steam Box. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Konshentz

Konshentz
That thing is UGLY. Haha. Whether or not it would be comfortable, I have no idea. But man, that thing is hideous.

dDave

V.I.P.
That thing looks fantastic. Steam has nailed revolutionary controls with this and I hope to see it paired with the Steam Box. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
If it's compatible with steam games on PC then I might look into it. I actually like WASD controls though. I know that's a huge turn off for a lot of people.

That thing is UGLY. Haha. Whether or not it would be comfortable, I have no idea. But man, that thing is hideous.
The Wii U controller is pretty ugly too. I still like it. But hey, if it's comfortable and if it works well, how can you have a problem with a controller?

Konshentz

Konshentz
How it works and if it's comfortable are definitely the most important things... but I also place some importance into the looks. Maybe like a 45/45/10 split. Haha.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's definitely interesting. And ugly. But I don't care how it looks. I'd be curious to try one for sure. It could be the next big revolution in game controllers.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't see where it is ugly. Form and function are beautiful, IMO, and this controller has both. It looks super comfortable.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm not sure about it. I have so many problems with the track pad on my laptop that I have turned it off completely. It's either too sensitive or not sensitive enough. I'd be willing to try it out if it were on display somewhere to see how it works.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm not sure about it. I have so many problems with the track pad on my laptop that I have turned it off completely. It's either too sensitive or not sensitive enough. I'd be willing to try it out if it were on display somewhere to see how it works.
I don't really love the track pad on my laptop either. I have a gaming laptop though, it's actually well known for having a bad track pad. Guess they assumed you're going to use a mouse with it.

One thing that does give me comfort is that it's developed by Valve. They are incredibly picky about everything. I feel confident that if they like this controller that I will too.

I'm sure that there will be a bit of a learning curve to go with it though.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I have been seeing some really hilarious stuff online about this controller. People photoshopping the controller in many hilarious ways. I don't think it looks too bad. Not sure how I feel about steam console and playing steam games in my living room though. It's always been a real computer thing for me. Could be cool.