Valentines Gifts

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by icegoat63, Feb 8, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

So I ordered Kim some Flowers for Valentines today. Holy hell they cost me an arm and a leg maybe even half my left nut... I dunno I'm still not quite sure how much the damage is :hah:

For those of you who have someone that you will be needing to get V-Day Gifts for... when do you do it? I'm not asking what, but just when? Are you a last minute kinda person for this or do you make sure to have it done way ahead of time?

For those who just get V-Day gifts.... what do you expect? Do you anticipate huge Bouquets of flowers? Balloons? Stuffed Critters? What floats your boat in terms of a Valentines Gift?

2. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I'm not big on Valentine's gifts, either giving or receiving. If money is going to be spent, I'd rather it be on a nice dinner out or a romantic getaway. Either way, the most important thing for me on V-Day is getting in that quality alone time. Giggity giggity.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I ordered chocolates that came with a cute little teddy bear. The damn shipping costs almost as much as the product itself. And then I got her necklace off of a website she loves that has these little jewelry things for under 10 bucks.

I just like spoiling her so I don't mind getting gifts. haha If I could see her, then I might do dinner and stuff too, but I like giving gifts.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

For the past couple of years we've gone out for meals instead of buying gifts. When I do buy him a gift I usually leave it until the week before. I never know what to buy. I'm just going to get him a card.

5. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that unless I am surprised with flowers like I was last year I highly doubt that I will be receiving anything for Valentine's day. I'm also not the type to run out and get a gift though there may be a little something special in the sack that night.

6. StringerBell

StringerBell Registered Member

I usually just make my girlfriend something. It's cheaper and also personal so she usually really likes it. Flowers do break the bank though...can't really believe how much they charge.