Valentines Gifts

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So I ordered Kim some Flowers for Valentines today. Holy hell they cost me an arm and a leg maybe even half my left nut... I dunno I'm still not quite sure how much the damage is :hah:

For those of you who have someone that you will be needing to get V-Day Gifts for... when do you do it? I'm not asking what, but just when? Are you a last minute kinda person for this or do you make sure to have it done way ahead of time?

For those who just get V-Day gifts.... what do you expect? Do you anticipate huge Bouquets of flowers? Balloons? Stuffed Critters? What floats your boat in terms of a Valentines Gift?

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
I'm not big on Valentine's gifts, either giving or receiving. If money is going to be spent, I'd rather it be on a nice dinner out or a romantic getaway. Either way, the most important thing for me on V-Day is getting in that quality alone time. Giggity giggity.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I ordered chocolates that came with a cute little teddy bear. The damn shipping costs almost as much as the product itself. And then I got her necklace off of a website she loves that has these little jewelry things for under 10 bucks.

I just like spoiling her so I don't mind getting gifts. haha If I could see her, then I might do dinner and stuff too, but I like giving gifts.

Bliss

Sally Twit
For the past couple of years we've gone out for meals instead of buying gifts. When I do buy him a gift I usually leave it until the week before. I never know what to buy. I'm just going to get him a card.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that unless I am surprised with flowers like I was last year I highly doubt that I will be receiving anything for Valentine's day. I'm also not the type to run out and get a gift though there may be a little something special in the sack that night.

StringerBell

Registered Member
I usually just make my girlfriend something. It's cheaper and also personal so she usually really likes it. Flowers do break the bank though...can't really believe how much they charge.