• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Valentine's Day

Dabs

Registered Member
It's not even a holiday for pete's sake, just a day for the lovey doveys :lol: But how do you feel about Valentine's day? Do you like it? Love it? Hate it? Or really just don't care either way, just go about your merry way that day.
(I personally think Cupid should stick that arrow right up his ass :lol:)

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
It's not even a holiday for pete's sake, just a day for the lovey doveys :lol: But how do you feel about Valentine's day? Do you like it? Love it? Hate it? Or really just don't care either way, just go about your merry way that day.
(I personally think Cupid should stick that arrow right up his ass :lol:)
Nothing I can say would be more the way I feel as well.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've never cared for Valentine's Day. I don't think you should need a holiday to tell you when to do something special for someone you love. Showing love is something that should be done every day and by choice.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Hate might be a little strong, but I honestly do not like Valentines day. I think the original idea had noble intent, but it's been made into this huge commercial cash-cow, which I don't care for at all. I support anti-Valentine's Day activities! :D

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I've never cared for Valentine's Day. I don't think you should need a holiday to tell you when to do something special for someone you love. Showing love is something that should be done every day and by choice.
This.

Waiting for this day to buy gifts, go out with your partner or show affection/love is very hypocritical.
Especially now that it has degraded in bunch of people[non couple, including kids] or friends going out for the sake of the holiday.

If you love your partner enough you should not way for V-day to show them this. It could be any other day instead.

Dabs

Registered Member
Great! Love it! We all seem to agree. Well those that responded anyway. I think it is blown way out of proportion. In our school systems here, children used to get flowers/balloons sent to the school from their Moms or Dads. It got to be such a chaotic mess, it had to be stopped, so no flowers or balloons or anything can be delivered. I was at a store this evening, and they had these gigantic heart shaped stuffed things. They were about $10. But how silly is that? A person can only have so many stuffed anythings, and it's a waste of money. Flowers are a waste, chocolates are a bad thing. I like the way everyone thinks, why have this one certain day, to show or tell someone you love them. You should do that every day. Damn that Cupid.

Bliss

Sally Twit
You shouldn't begrudge a couple for going out together on Valentine's day. Just because they buy each other a gift or go out for a meal doesn't mean that doesn't happen on other days of the year.
For people that aren't in a relationship it should be a nice reminder that love and romance isn't dead.

Sorry if it makes you angry but I will be taking my partner out for a meal. Shock horror!

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Aw, it can be a lot of fun between two lovers who are both into it. I don't see Valentine's Day as the one day a year you're supposed to demonstrate your feelings, but as an annual festival to celebrate the love you have year round. Am I the only sentimental sap?

Dabs

Registered Member
Aw, it can be a lot of fun between two lovers who are both into it. I don't see Valentine's Day as the one day a year you're supposed to demonstrate your feelings, but as an annual festival to celebrate the love you have year round. Am I the only sentimental sap?

Not at all I'm sure. When I was married, my husband bought me stuff for Valentine's, but since I'm not a lover of chocolate, it made it rather hard :lol: And I totally think flowers are way expensive and they die so soon. I do not care to have any stuffed animals or stuffed anythings in my room, so that doesn't leave much left. I would be happy with a simple cute romantic card and a nice dinner I reckon. But I just think some places go way overboard with the Valentine's stuff. To those that are with someone and they go out and celebrate and have a nice time, good for them! I think it shouldn't be such a hoopla tho. I'm all for romance and all, but I'd like to be romanced every day and not just on Cupid's day, just saying.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
You shouldn't begrudge a couple for going out together on Valentine's day. Just because they buy each other a gift or go out for a meal doesn't mean that doesn't happen on other days of the year.
For people that aren't in a relationship it should be a nice reminder that love and romance isn't dead.

Sorry if it makes you angry but I will be taking my partner out for a meal. Shock horror!
Only speaking for myself here, but I do not begrudge a couple going out on that day and celebrating their love. I begrudge the fact that there is a day like that when I feel everyday should be a celebration of love. The day itself is just there to make money, imo. But if you want to take your partner out, so be it. To each their own.