Movies Valentines Day - Movie

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Impact, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Anyone else want to see this or has seen this? It's not the type of movie I usually want to see, but this looks pretty good. Kinda reminds me of Love Actually from the trailers. Plus it has Bradley Cooper in it, so that gives it a few extra points in my book.

YouTube - 'Valentine's Day' Trailer HD

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally don't want to see the movie, but I'm extremely surprised on how stacked this movie is, meaning they have tons of big celebrities in this movie.

I think it's going to be a terrible chick flick movie, but I have to agree with you Bradley Cooper is a hunk :D

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Haha yeah, normally I run a mile from chick flicks, but something about this one made me wanna see it. Probably the plethora of hot dudes in it :lol:

I was really surprised about the amount of well known and successful actors/actresses in it too.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I went to see it yesterday with a bunch of friends.. not my type of film but I thought why not. A few bits were actually pretty funny (like a couple references to other films that the stars in it are from, for example)... but on the whole I didn't like it, then again I didn't expect to. I thought it was kind of stoopid for the most part and since it was packed full with famous movie stars (19 in total, I think) it felt like they could get away with skimping on other aspects. Though there was a really cute bit at the end and like I said, some funny moments.

If they'd marketed it as a spoof of love actually, I'd have believed it.

Oh, and I felt sorry for all the guys in the cinema who had clearly been dragged along by their girlfriends :lol:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The idea of this film is my worst nightmare. I saw an advertisement for it yesterday and it said "hilarious and romantic" and the clip it decided to show was someone saying "I'm in love with him" and then the other person saying "And I'm crazy about her" or something along those lines. Cheese on toast. If you're going to advertise something as hilarious then maybe show something funny instead of something that makes me want to throw my telly out the window.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm going to see it. I like Love Actually and I think this is the American version of that - not necessarily the same story but being able to incorporate different short stories, somehow weaved into one, and with good actors.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I saw it online. There were some pretty funny parts. I liked Ashton Kutcher's character the most. I felt pretty bad for him when his fiance left him though. :-/

The other storylines were meh. I liked the little kid, his sister and her boyfriend. They were pretty cool to watch. I could've done without Jessica Biel and Jamie Fox's storyline.

Anne Hathaway's character was hilarious. Taylor Swift/Lautner's stereotypical high school relationship was pretty funny too.

but yeah. I can safely say that I do not remember any of the character's names in the movie. Not a single one.