• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Vacation from Hell

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The only vacation from hell I've had was more of the weekend from hell. We invited some friends to go floating the river in canoes and camping with us. It was suppose to be a good weekend for that but it wasn't. It rained and rained until people were told to get off the river. We were soaked and miserable. I'll never forget that lousy weekend.

Have you ever had a vacation or weekend getaway turn out to be a nightmare?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I went on a trip to BC with my old man when I was a kid. I got carsick and stayed that way for the entire ride and for a couple days after. I would get really hungry, but when I ordered a bunch of food at DQ I couldn't eat more than a bite. Once I got to Burnaby I slowly started to recover. But I'll never forget how nasty I felt on the way there.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had an experience about like that. I was in Utah and ate at the wrong place. Was sick for most of the vacation. I would be starving but could barely eat because after a few bites I would feel full and sick.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I felt bad... I ordered the large sized meal and my old man paid for it. I ate one bite and could take a second. My dad tended to be the frugal sort, but he didn't say anything. I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't impressed though. :) After the first couple days my stomach settled down and most of the vacation was pretty good. It was just the trip down there that really sucked. I don't generally get car sick, but I think the changes in altitude had a lot to do with it. We went twice up to his cabin atop a mountain past an old logging road. The first time I went I was fine, but the second time I was as weak as a kitten and almost ready to pass out. Very weird. It was a beautiful cabin though, built off the side of a gigantic boulder amidst a forested area a short hike from a stream.

- Cham