Movies V for Vendetta

Sephy

Forum Drifter
This movie stars Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving.

IMDB Plot Summary:

"Set against the futuristic landscape of totalitarian Britain, V For Vendetta tells the story of a mild-mannered young woman named Evey (Natalie Portman) who is rescued from a life-and-death situation by a masked vigilante known only as "V." Incomparably charismatic and ferociously skilled in the art of combat and deception, V ignites a revolution when he detonates two London landmarks and takes over the government-controlled airwaves, urging his fellow citizens to rise up against tyranny and oppression. As Evey uncovers the truth about V's mysterious background, she also discovers the truth about herself - and emerges as his unlikely ally in the culmination of his plot to bring freedom and justice back to a society fraught with cruelty and corruption."

-----------------------------------------

This movie has less action that you might expect, but what action is does have is done very well. It is very story driven and has some wonderful acting. I loved it and plan on seeing it again. It is comparable to the movie Equilibrium in that it's about a corrupt government and about one man's quest to unveil the truth and set things right. It came out this Friday and I urge you to go see it. It's $8.50 well spent.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I am going to see this movie as soon as I can, from what I hear the W Brother have redeemed themselves for the last two Matrix movies, which were horrible, the last one was just plain trash.

V

VulgarisPrime

I saw it Sunday.

Go see it. There's really not much else I can say. It's just that good.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard it was pretty good it made 26.1 million dollars this weekend, in my opinion it doesn't look at good, but lots of my friends saw it and they said it's worth seeing, so I might check it out sometime.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Piccolo said:
I am going to see this movie as soon as I can, from what I hear the W Brother have redeemed themselves for the last two Matrix movies, which were horrible, the last one was just plain trash.
Agreed. Those flicks sucked something hard and awful.

Vendetta I admit doesn't look too great, but I have heard some great things. I'll return with another post sometime soon when I see it.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
When to see it last friday, i recommend it! It can be really funny sometimes too, but sometimes you've really got to see the joke.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I saw it sunday. I would recommend seeing it before you judge it because it's a great movie. Most Republicans won't like it mainly because what it's about and that is why it made 26.1. But everyone should go see it.

Italiano

Film Elitist
I saw this movie about a week ago and it wasn't what I expected in terms of the storyline. And I didn't know that it was written by the Wachouski brothers.

I think this movie was definitely better than Reloaded and Revolutions. But there were a couple of things that troubled me about the movie.

There were a few times during the movie when V was talking that it sounded like he was trying to sound smart, when you could tell he really wasn't.

And it seemed like there were a couple of holes in the story too, but I couldn't really tell, because it was a little difficult to keep up with the storyline at some points. I'd probably have to watch it another time to see if there were any more holes or if there was any information that I missed to fill in the other holes.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I plan on seeing it when I have time, though the Wachouski brothers are strange ones, I heard that Larry was a transvestite, or at least cross dresses from time to time.

Piccolo said:
I heard that Larry was a transvestite, or at least cross dresses from time to time.
I beleive that he is in the process of having a sex change operation, or thats what I heard at least.

Anyway, the movie was pretty good in my oppinion. Nice action, good story, some plot twists. Overall pretty good.