• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

V-Card

SeaCucumber

Registered Member
Well you'd think I'd wait longer to bring something like this up on my new forum but SCREW IT :p

So I'm turning 19 in May so and I'm a little up in the air on what I should do with this V-Card is :S

I've had a few relationships in my time, I had one or two during high school and had another girlfriend after. But it just never seemed to work out to that level :S And I really do want my first time to be with someone special. Not that I want to get married or something crazy, I just want someone I care about. So I don't want to go out to a bar and get er dunn, even though I really think I could.

There's a lot of pressure out there though, one is from my brother who thinks that sex is exactly what I need to make my 19th birthday memorable. And then also there's the fact that I have a trip to Amsterdam with my friend (a Sea Anemone :p) that looms in the future. Now in Amsterdam there is prostitutes, and my friend has stated she would like to buy me one :O

Now I would never sleep with a prostitute where I live because it's illegal and it's not really regulated at all. And it just seems gross and desperate to pay for sex. But across the sea it doesn't seem the same. It's something that's socially accepted.

But would I want THAT to be my first time? Then what's my next girlfriend going to think? She's coming after a prostitute? Blargh.

Now I'm no ugly duckling, but I'm no Fabio. I don't really see anyone out there for me right now and don't know how much time I'll have for a real relationship in the future. But as I get older I do want to have those fun times where I go out and pick up chicks :p The problem is I want the first time to be special but I don't want my fun times to pass by unexperienced D:

Another thing is my tendency to collect a lot of females who want to be my friend. But I have lots of female friends, more than enough. Why do girls always see me as a possible new friend rather than a possible new boyfriend? :S

As you can see. I have a lot of issues in the "dating & relationships" department :p Maybe it's my lack of opposable thumbs D:

Y'all gonna make me lose my mind. Up in here. Up in here. D:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Dude seriously I think you are over-thinking it. Yes there is a lot of pressure for young people to lose their virginity as a teenager these days but in the end it's not as big of a deal as it's made out to be. A lot of people are still virgins in their late teens and 20's and I think instead of just rushing into things because of your age you should just wait it out. It will happen naturally in your own time.
Then again if you want to hire a prostitute in Amsterdam it's up to you, just beware of where those girls may have been before.

SeaCucumber

Registered Member
Dude seriously I think you are over-thinking it. Yes there is a lot of pressure for young people to lose their virginity as a teenager these days but in the end it's not as big of a deal as it's made out to be. A lot of people are still virgins in their late teens and 20's and I think instead of just rushing into things because of your age you should just wait it out. It will happen naturally in your own time.
Then again if you want to hire a prostitute in Amsterdam it's up to you, just beware of where those girls may have been before.
It's true and I know it. But I can't stop the overthinking :( I'm a thinker at heart D:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Crouton is right.
This is your personal choice and no one should tell you what do do and when.
If you don't feel ready for it, then don't go for it.
It's not anyone's business if you're virgin or not. You've got a brain and you are the one who knows when's the right time.
Just don't lose your virginity to please your brother or the society you live in.

Bliss

Sally Twit
How many people do you know that have lost their virginity with someone they didn't care about and still regret it to this day? Quite a few!

I lost my virginity with the love of my life and it was an amazing experience. To connect with someone you have a deep desire and love for would make it so much better than having a quick bunk up with someone whose last name you don't even know.

Of course that's just my take on it and it's up to you what you do here. But you are 19 and you've waited this long. You can wait a little longer. Please don't let your friends pressure you in to this because that's another thing people have done and ended up regretting it.

If you have your heart set on finding Mrs. Right and experiencing this with her then please follow your heart. If you do decide you want to get it out of the way and you don't care who it's with then it is entirely your choice. But please make sure it's the choice you've made for yourself, and not because of peer pressure.

Zenheizer

needs practice
I'm only gonna say this: DON'T BECOME A STATISTIC! Survive teen pregnancy!

SeaCucumber

Registered Member
I'm only gonna say this: DON'T BECOME A STATISTIC! Survive teen pregnancy!
LOL

How many people do you know that have lost their virginity with someone they didn't care about and still regret it to this day? Quite a few!

I lost my virginity with the love of my life and it was an amazing experience. To connect with someone you have a deep desire and love for would make it so much better than having a quick bunk up with someone whose last name you don't even know.

Of course that's just my take on it and it's up to you what you do here. But you are 19 and you've waited this long. You can wait a little longer. Please don't let your friends pressure you in to this because that's another thing people have done and ended up regretting it.

If you have your heart set on finding Mrs. Right and experiencing this with her then please follow your heart. If you do decide you want to get it out of the way and you don't care who it's with then it is entirely your choice. But please make sure it's the choice you've made for yourself, and not because of peer pressure.
That's just the thing. It doesn't need to be Mrs. Right. Someone special to me is just someone special, not someone to marry. But sometimes I feel like it might as well be because the special ones never really want to...

And the lifestyle I live doesn't say "Hey I'm a virgin and am waiting for someone special" So It's hard because I don't put out that vibe to people. So I don't really attract the people I want D:

Crouton is right.
This is your personal choice and no one should tell you what do do and when.
If you don't feel ready for it, then don't go for it.
It's not anyone's business if you're virgin or not. You've got a brain and you are the one who knows when's the right time.
Just don't lose your virginity to please your brother or the society you live in.
That's what everyone says. "If you don't feel ready for it" But that makes you sound so juvenile :S I mean I'm ready. I just haven't met who I'm ready FOR. Or at least not someone who was also ready for me :S

I do understand what the general agreement is though. It doesn't really matter how long the wait is once you've committed to it. It's just hard is all. The commitment wavers D:

shelgarr

Registered Member
I think you're lucky you haven't lost it because many buckle before now and end up having regrets. And while things aren't tempting I think you should fully relish having your V-card and being proud of too!! Be glad you don't have the mental and emotional gyrations of sex-before-readiness syndrome. It sucks too and definitely causes more damage. Hang on to it like a highly wanted object. When you finally share it, it'll be because the other person is someone who appreciates it value.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
That's what everyone says. "If you don't feel ready for it" But that makes you sound so juvenile :S I mean I'm ready. I just haven't met who I'm ready FOR. Or at least not someone who was also ready for me :S
Isn't it the same?
It's like saying you want to get married but you're not ready for it because you haven't found the right person.
It goes the say way with your virginity. You're not ready to lose it to anyone who you come across. You're ready to give it to anyone you think deserves it.

I didn't say you're not ready physically. I meant to say you're not ready because you haven't found someone who is worthy of it. Until then, I suggest you wait 'til you find someone you think is worth the try.

SeaCucumber

Registered Member
Isn't it the same?
It's like saying you want to get married but you're not ready for it because you haven't found the right person.
It goes the say way with your virginity. You're not ready to lose it to anyone who you come across. You're ready to give it to anyone you think deserves it.

I didn't say you're not ready physically. I meant to say you're not ready because you haven't found someone who is worthy of it. Until then, I suggest you wait 'til you find someone you think is worth the try.
I guess it really is the same thing *is dumb* :3

Ho wells. Off I go on my merry way until such a time comes :) Tra la la!

^ This is how it is. I'll be okay with it for a couple of weeks then have a day where I obsess over it :p

But I think that's just the kind of person I am.

I feel a lot better about it today then I did a couple of days a go, in part because of GF and in part because of other people I've talked to about it.