Movies Uwe Boll issues a challenge!

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Vincent_Valentine, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I honestly had a hard time deciding if I should put this thread here or in the games section, but I opted for here (as you can see.)

If you know who Uwe Boll is, then you also probably know that he is almost universally hated by gamers for making crappy video-game movies (House of the Dead, Bloodrayne, and Alone in the Dark). Well, apparently the internet critics have pissed them off and he wants to beat their asses, literally. He has apparently issued an open challenge to anyone that has written "two extremely negative articles" that have appeared online or in a magazine/newspaper to a boxing match. Apparently five "winners" will be flown to Vancouver and get to box him in a 10 round match that will be filmed and used in anotehr video game movie he is going to make based off the Postal series.

This article goes into more of the specifics if you wish to read. I find this insanely hilarious. I want to see if anyone will take him up on his challenge, and if they do, if they will beat his ass. This could be very interesting and enjoyable.

2. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Ooohh I can't wait to see who the five contestants are. But hey if ur movies are bad then ur movies are bad, u can't change that unless u try hard enough >>; Hmm Ten round boxing matches sounds alittle too over doing it don't cha think? He could of challenge them to something else for crying out loud, but on the looks of it he doesn't look like the type that boxes but he might be I don't know. But I shall be tuning in when the great day arrives to see who the victors are!^^ Now I gotta see who's gonna make bets with me on this thing....this is just too priceless

3. Wow. That is funny as hell. I'd love to see when that takes place. I guess Boll really had a lot of faith in his movies and will defend them. [​IMG] I agree with Kyo though. If your movies suck they just suck. Just try and get better at making movies dumbass! lol

4. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

Funny how instead of actually trying to make a better movie, he chooses to challenge his opposing critics to a cockfight.

I guess he felt there was nothing else he could do. ::)

5. A.M. Radio

A.M. Radio Guest

But.... I enjoy Mr. Boll's movies BECAUSE they suck total donkey balls.

Of course, Uwe Boll has reason to be pissed. Not because people don't like his movies, but because people hate his movies because it's the "in" thing to do. Take Bloodrayne for example.

Of course, people, Bloodrayne wasn't that bad. It was a gorey, entertaining film much in the manner of the hammer horror films.

Now, I'm not saying it was GOOD. I'm saying that for fun action, and some good laughs, it's not bad.

Agree or disagree with me. Just remember that it was number 26 on the worst movies ever made list before the movie came out. See, these fucks on the IMDB vote it bad without seeing the movie!

I think people hate it just to hate it and don't care if it was entertaining at all!

Same thing with House of the Dead. It was horrible. But laughably so. Don't give no crap about how it hurt to watch. The movie provided plenty of entertainment for those who watched it to see a really crappy movie.... It was never boring. It made alot of mistakes for us to laugh at. It was not this gigantic piece of shit of a movie.

Meanwhile, Alone in the Dark is one of the worst movies ever made.

I'm tired of hearing how he is the worst director ever. Ever see "The Bog" ? How about "Manos: the Hands of Fate" ?

Hating Uwe Boll is almost a fad. His movies are bad, but people act like it couldn't get anywhere else. Here I am, watching unknown independent horror films, or classics, and I have to think "People, it gets worse. It gets alot worse."

6. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

What do you mean it's the "in" thing to do? You make it sound like hating Uwe Boll's movies is a new trend.

If Paris Hilton starts carrying a small dog in her purse and other people do it too, that's a trend.

If people hate Uwe Boll's movies over and over, that's not a trend, that's our way of telling Uwe Boll "MAKE BETTER MOVIES"

And people don't hate his movies because it's the "in" thing to do. They don't like his movies because the plot is predictable, most of the acting sucks, and (if its based off of a game) the gamers think it kills the game/story it was based on.

Yeah, I can agree with that. I think some of his movies are good like that if you want a good laugh in that manner.

But most people don't want to see something like that when they go into a movie theater. They want to see a movie that will, not only entertain, but impress them as well.

I never really pay any attention to the "critiques" these people give in the first place.

Who cares what a bunch of overpaid, overweight critics think anyways? I could give two less shits to what these dolts have to say.

I'm not really disagreeing with you. I understand where you're coming from. I understand that in the world of independent films, compared to other flicks (like the Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter film thread you previously created) it gets a lot worse.

But the "people's majority" don't want to see entertaining crappy films. To them, it isn't entertaining.

They want to see a movie that will impress them nowadays and live up to the high standards that hollywood films have set.

Personally I think those people are really closed minded when it comes to films.

Aside from that, Uwe Boll's flicks have been publicized and advertised about so much more than most independent films, the "critics" and the people have more to say about them.

7. A.M. Radio

A.M. Radio Guest

Let me explain the "in" thing: He's hated becauuse people agree he's bad.

The Majority does not want to see bad but entertaining films? On the Acen message board, I'm arguing with some people who have insulted themselves by saying that they don't care that the story was back and the acting was bad, they likes Fast and the Furious 3 because it looked cool. Does that really warrant a three star rating, considering they hated the story and the acting?

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter was good for simply this: It set out what it achieved to do. It wanted to be funny. I found it funny. It wanted to be interesting. We have that two. It wanted to have our lord and Savior and Santo fighting hoardes of Vampires. I say, since the filmmakers achieved everything they sought to achieve, and the audience got what they expected, that's a three star movie. The one problem is the Film was shot on a 16mm Bolex Camera. No sound sync. So they had to marry a soundtrack to the film afterwards.

8. HitBattousai

HitBattousai Guest

I mostly enjoy the fact that he's called out Roger Ebert, a 70 year old coming off of heart surgery, and Quentin Taratino, at least younger, but a skinny mofo. It's just another bout of the insanity of Uwe, this changes absolutely nothing in terms of his movies being horrendous, but in his delusional mind, he probably thinks that by defending them this way all of a sudden people will call his movies good, or not bash them.

9. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

Yeah, like that's going to happen.

I find it interesting that Uwe Boll cares what these critics and other filmmakers think of his movies, and how personally he takes them.

The problem is he seems to be creating movies with independent film standards rather than hollywood standards. In the independent film world his movies are probably considered some of the best, but in hollywood they're lousy or mediocre at best.

He has to set his standards higher with his filmmaking if he wants to get these critics off his back.