Utah Pics: Part I

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Figured I'd share some pics from my trip to Utah last month. These are from a hike I did the second day, up Grandeur Peak, an 8,299 foot mountain overlooking Salt Lake City.

Mount Olympus in the background, which I climbed a couple days later.

Salt Lake City. Great Salt Lake way in the distance.

Mount Olympus again.

The pointy peak a little left of center is Mount Raymond. I climbed that one a couple years ago. Too much snow still up there to climb it this trip.

Just some wildflowers.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Very nice. I especially love the view of the city from so far up. It looks like a model city built at a much smaller scale.

The weather seems really nice when you were up there. That's lucky considering it tends to rain a lot in the mountains.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The weather seems really nice when you were up there. That's lucky considering it tends to rain a lot in the mountains.
Yeah, we had absolutely perfect weather the entire trip. Usually they get afternoon thunderstorms everyday in the mountains there. I did all my hiking in the mornings to avoid the storms, but I don't think there were any anyway.

R1pperZ

Registered Member
Really great shots of the mountains, were those all Rockies or did I see some of the greener Uintas?

And that shot of the valley was cool, been here in SLC for 19 years and never seen the valley from so high up, thought the North East avenues would look steeper.

I have a few desert mountain cell pics of my last trip to the Geode beds around Topaz mountain I might throw up on Gf.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Really great shots of the mountains, were those all Rockies or did I see some of the greener Uintas?
I did all my hiking in the Wasatch. Drove through the Uintas one day. There was still a ton of snow there. I guess the Wasatch and the Uintas are both smaller chains of the Rockies.