• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

USS John S. McCain collides with merchant ship

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...n-collides-with-merchant-ship-in-pacific.html

SOUTH CHINA SEA - The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain (DDG 56) was involved in a collision with the merchant vessel Alnic MC while underway east of the Straits of Malacca and Singapore on Aug. 21.

The collision was reported at 6:24 a.m. Japan Standard Time, while the ship was transiting to a routine port visit in Singapore.

Initial reports indicate John S. McCain sustained damage to her port side aft.

Search and rescue efforts are underway in coordination with local authorities.
USS John S. McCain collides with merchant ship near Strait of Malacca > Commander, U.S. 7th Fleet > Display

Last June they collided with another ship. What's going on with the Navy.

Hope no one died because of this.

US Navy Destroyer Collides with Japanese Merchant Ship | Military.com

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When asked about this, Trump responded by saying "it's too bad"

Trump probably thinks that's the senator's personal yacht.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If he had said anything more some people would have been accusing him of racism.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think, as an old sailor, that it comes down to poor training and crap attitudes.
I said the same thing earlier. They get out of basic, go to A school, and ship them out. My feeling is the training, particularly in A school, isn't doing enough anymore.