User CP, shorter list of displayed thread subscriptions

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Smelnick, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

In MyGF, on the main page where it has the list of all the subscribed threads with new posts. It shows ALL of them, no matter how old the new post is. Anything with a post I haven't read. Sometimes they get to be several months old before I finally get unlazy and clear it out manually.

What would be cool, is if there was a setting you could set so that it would only show threads with new posts going a certain time frame back.

For example: Only show threads with new posts, where the new post was made within the last week. Or a month or whatever you preference is. Even as small as one day would be nice if that's possible.

It might help to keep the list from getting to be 50 threads long =P

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah, they won't disappear unless you read them or unsuscribe. Until you do, you just invite more threads on your list as you reply to newer threads. haha.

Until the time limit gets coded, what you can do is click on that "view all subscribed threads" (I hope it says that exactly) and then from there manually mass delete the old threads (use the check box) that are still in bold. The ones in bold are the ones that still show on your userCP because you haven't read the last post.

3. Smelnick

I don't want to unsuscribe neccesarily, but I just don't want so many in the main page. I like to use that for quickly glancing at replied in threads for that hour.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Seems like you're more concerned with the number of threads appearing than the dates they're from. Perhaps instead of showing posts from a certain time frame (like you were suggesting in your op), it would suit you more if Hybrix can make an option to only view a maximum x amount of subscribed threads on the main userCP page.

5. Smelnick

Well, I don't mind 20 threads showing, if they're 20 threads that were posted in within the last day or 2. It's just overwhelming when you go to check up on threads you posted in just a couple hours before, and you gotta wade through 30 different threads just find it =P But yah, even an option to only show the 10 most recent threads or something would be fine.