Useless trinkets, objects, and more

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Do you have any possession that some would identify as either useless, pointless, or just plain weird, but it holds a special place in your mind? It doesn't necessarily have to be strange, but for sake of interest, please tell us unusual things first.

I have this bust of E.T. that I got from my grandma when I was little, about 5. I didn't understand death too well at that age, so I never actually got upset over her death. It was kind of like, "she's gone now . . where's my apple juice?" I don't know why I can't get rid of the foot tall statue, it seems to hold some sentimentality. It may be because I can't recall too much of my grandmother and that the bust is all I have that reminds me.

I also have a Sonic the Hedgehog stuffed doll sitting on my shelf. It's there because Sonic kicks ass and I loved him when I was young.

Your turn.

I've got a few random doo-dads... a pig shaped candle, a bottle from this awful drink a friend and I bought in the city, random tiny vials with different types of ash in them, mineature bottles of maple syrup.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
"The Barking Puppy"- This was a mechanical puppy that my eye doctor put on the other side of the room. When a button was pressed, it would come out of its little doghouse and bark. Since it was interesting, it helped young patients focus their vision for testing purposes. When I was around 6 it broke, but every time I went back I asked if it was working. A few years later my eye doctor moved, but gave me the puppy.

I also have several dozen San Jose Sharks programs, dating back maybe more than 10 years.

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
Umm lets see....I got a five colored bunny rabbit I got from my whole kindergarden class while I was in the hospital diagnosed with something the doctors didn't know of for about 2 weeks, it's kinda useless but it has grown on me since then so I keep it in the closet with all of the other stuff animals I got^^;

I've also got some OLD movies that my godfather gave me that were quite useless in my eyes when I was younger becaused the movies kinda sucked >>; But now I keep them because I think their the reason why I draw so good and how I am into art now. Plus,it had a story where it really got to me about christmas with a big family of mice, forgot how it kinda went, but it was good! Was the best one on them too....

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I've got this old beat up Snoopy doll that sits in my room. It's been in the family since the 1950s. Its arm has been sewn on about three times, but it's all cool.

D

Ds136

I have a bunch of random useless crap.

*Cheesehead signed by Dough Flutie that just sits in my closet
* Hundreds of pez dispensers
* The worlds largest letter opener
* Street signs and street cones
* a little little monkey stuffed animal that I've had FOREVER
* random masks just sitting around
* civil war and medieval swords

all of it just sits around collecting dust.

A

angryhairpiece

I have signed playbills from some of my favorite musicals (Light in the Piazza, Wicked, Rent, Avenue Q, and of course The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee)

I also have two Lord of the Rings replica swords (Glamdring and Anduril)

And, being a magician I have way too many decks of cards for my own good.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I have signed playbills from some of my favorite musicals (Light in the Piazza, Wicked, Rent, Avenue Q, and of course The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee)

I also have two Lord of the Rings replica swords (Glamdring and Anduril)

And, being a magician I have way too many decks of cards for my own good.
That's pretty sweet, being a magician. I'm sure many of us wanted to be one at one point or another in our lives.

A

angryhairpiece

yeah... I just followed through with mine, now I even get gigs, and perform at birthday parties sometimes.

M

mysticangel

i'm like one of those people who always seems to keep things and don't throw them out...i have a whole shelf of them...heres a pic...

Red dots = all the things my neices/nephews have given me
Green dots = the things i got at my cousins weddings...
blue dots = some of the stuff given to me for my birthday
orange dots = the things my friend gave me when he came back from china

--------

those are some of the things...the others that aren't marked were just given to me or i bought...and kept...oh and all the monkeys in the picture (all nine of them) thats on the shelf was given to me by a friend when i told her the dude i liked reminded me of a cute monkey -_-