Useless prizes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wolfheart, Jul 29, 2009.

1. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Have you ever won a prize that is completly useless for you?.

I entered a raffle at my kids school once and I won, what did I win, a non transferable prize of a full makeover, including hair and make up by a professional :lol:.

Why the hell was non transferable, I have no idea.

So anybody else ever won a prize only to dissapointed that it has no use for you what so ever.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah, several times.

The thing is what makes me happy is the priniciple of winning than the prize itself. :lol:

I just giveaway the useless stuff. Makes other people happy!

3. wolfheart

Yeah I do love the winning and would have loved to give the prize to someone but as I said it was transferable which just does not make any sense to me.

I have in the past won a litre bottle of Vodka and given away as I cant drink it, the person I gave it to was over the moon.

My brother found it wet in the pants funny that I had won makeover, for a long time he kept asking when I was going to have it done,lol.

4. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

I once won a hot water tank for our attic. I can't remember how, but I did.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm sure you knew that was going to be the prize and that's why you joined the raffle in the first place!

:haha:

Well give it a try, maybe you can use it after all. In case they make an exception, bring your ex with you when you go to that salon appointment. :)

6. wolfheart

I think it has expired now but for a while there I did think about it, I was very drunk but I did think about it.
    That is the trouble with raffles you never you can win anything from a box of chocs to a car but I always end up with something that I will never use.

As a kid I entered a raffle at school, the top prize was a set of BMX pads and helmet, I wnated to win those so bad, I did win but not first prize I got a box of Turkish Delight which I had never tried.
    As you can imagine as a kid winning a big box of sweets was almost as good as the pads, right up until I bit into one, that stuff is just plain nasty, dissapointment again.

7. hughes_collector

hughes_collector Registered Member

I won the most ridiculous-looking stuffed bird at one of those carnival games at the fair a few years back. It's so silly, I have to keep it just because it makes me laugh just looking at the thing!

What could be more useless than a pink, furry, goggle-eyed plush bird? :lol:

8. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I have won a few things that useless to me and I usually give them to someone else. Last year I won some music downloads for Rhapsody I gave the codes to my friend who uses it.

9. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I've won some things that are useless to me before.

I won an old woman's rain cap once (the things that old women wear on their heads to keep their heads dry) and so I gave it to my granny.

I wont some kitchen utensils when I was like 14, so I gave them to my parents for the kitchen.

I've won a heap more stuff that is useless but they were just two examples.
    If I win something I find useless I give it to people that can and will use it so someone can get the full use out of it.

10. wolfheart

Years ago when I about ten they used to hold a bingo game every week at the local church hall, I tagged along with my mum as I knew there was always sweets floating the table.

My mum gave me one card to play to keep me silent I guess and I actually concentrated long enough to win, on a single line, the prize a set of steak knives:shake:.

The only good thing was my nan bought them from me, for about 2 quid I think.
    Honestly who in there right mind would give a set of steak knives to a ten year old, they could have fuged it and given something else from the prize table.