Used items

karenlyn

Registered Member
A thread I just posted made me think of this. Are there any items that you refuse to buy used? What kinds of items won't you buy if a seller specifies that the item is used?

I was looking for foundations and found several items where the seller says "only a quarter of the bottle used, lots left!" Yeah, great. Lots left. But how old is it and how clean were your fingers when you stuck them in the bottle? :p

I don't really like to wear used shoes - but if I found a pair of Manolo Blahniks I just had to have - I'd buy them!

Any health and beauty aids - wouldn't buy used.

palefrost

Registered Member
Used shoes or undies are a no no. Used makeup or a consumable product i would never consider. Some baby products i wouldnt buy used depending on the function. Potty seats and car seats i like to get new. Baby bottles etc.

Melos

Registered Member
Ugh! I can't imagine using someone else's makeup or skin cream or whatever. No used undies, bathing suits, shoes (but more for the reason of molding to your feet differently), or any used grooming products like shavers or anything like that.

SouthernGal

Registered Member
*Ugh*... the thought of some things used just makes me go... :-o

I'd never buy the following used:
underwear (any of it.. panties, bras, lingerie, etc)
socks
lotion
make-up
deodorant (yes, I've seen this for sale)
hoseiry
earmuffs
certain baby equipment (car seats and baby bottles especially)
bathing suit
hairbrush/comb

Ick ick ick.

Nanner

Registered Member
I guess I'm picky. I won't buy anything used. In fact in my searches I always put either NWT or NWOT along with the item I'm looking for. Granted NWOT doesn't always mean it hasn't been used but it depends on what it is. This is for kids clothes that I'm talking about (or most other items). Of course if I was looking for antiques.....:)

karenlyn

Registered Member
I buy used clothes all the time. But like most people, I draw the line at anything that had touched another person's privates. :p But people DO try to sell this stuff, which means that somebody buys it.

I can't help buy wonder who.

Melos

Registered Member
Well, people trying to sell used underwear may be targeting a completely different market, if you know what I mean.

Used deoderant? Yuck.