• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

USA kills a known Al-Qaeda leader in drone attack

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish Al-Qaeda would disappear then maybe we could get out of the middle east. That's probably not going to happen though, they take down one and there's a hundred more to take their place.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish Al-Qaeda would disappear then maybe we could get out of the middle east. That's probably not going to happen though, they take down one and there's a hundred more to take their place.
It is true that if we take some of them out that more will follow in their place but killing guys like al-Libi do more than if some random Al-Qaeda member is killed. Someone close to the situation was quoted to saying, "his loss is a cataclysmic blow to al-Qaeda."

It might be time to give Obama some credit here. I saw this today too, "Under President Barack Obama, CIA drone strikes have killed 15 of the most important players in al Qaeda, according to a count maintained by the New America Foundation (a nonpartisan think tank where I am a director)."

Al-Zawahiri is the last remaining "senior official" left for Al-Qaeda. Who knows if this will slow them down or not but it sure is refreshing to see.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am glad they got him, I like seeing people like that get what is coming to them. Just because there will be another to take their place doesn't mean we should give up. Maybe the next one won't be as effective or smart as the last one. I do believe President Obama should get credit for his effort on this also.