USA in the WBC

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by metsforever7515, Mar 15, 2009.

1. metsforever7515

metsforever7515 Registered Member

Okay, so basically we invented the sport. Yet once again we find ourselves beaten by a latin american country. What can we do to claim the title of best in the world at our own national pastime?

2. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

We need to get better? I don't think it matters at this point who invented the sport, considering there are people in most countries who are playing them from childhood on up, basically giving them the same amount of time played as any of our players.

3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

USA erases a 2 run deficit and beats Puerto Rico in the 9th!!

Final 4 here we come

4. Unstoppable

Unstoppable Registered Member

my oh my what a finish, i felt like i was gonna puke in the ninth there, the though of another early exit sickened me, thankfully they pulled through, i still can't quite believe it, some great hitting there in the ninth, oh yeah and take that Romero, thats what u get for using banned substances :lol:

im experiencing a big time feeling of relief right now, looking forward to the final four :D

5. Millz

I wish I could have seen it...I'll watch the highlights tomorrow.

This is so cool

ANd I'm happy Yadi Molina can go back to the Cardinals now haha

6. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Well regardless of how the story ends, compared to three years ago the US will feel like they've accomplished something in the WBC now because they've had what will most likely be the most memorable moment in the tournaments history to date. Oh and the fact that the worst they could finish is fourth overall doesn't hurt either.

Well for all the pundits and naysayers of the tournament they should take a look at this game, and I know part of the response is "Oh it could happen in any baseball or playoff game" and I understand that, but my point being that this can still be entertaining as all hell, fun as all hell too as pretty much most of the bar erupted into a USA chant when the game ended.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  7. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

Yeah, got the bar at 6, and it was packed back outside the door. So we didn't get to see it! >.<

8. Unstoppable

Unstoppable Registered Member

Yeah this tournament is great, u get that matchup of teammates, the national pride, this is much much bigger than playoff baseball, when u root for a team ur rooting on preference, when u root for ur country its on a much bigger scale, and the drama is intense, their are great finishes and its great at getting a view of some of the minor league guys that wouldn't have the opportunity to play in a playoff game, not to mention all the guys on crappy teams that have never made the playoffs, this is a great experience for them and shows us how they handle pressure, this tournament offers so much more that isn't available in the regular season and anybody who downs on this tournament is either an airhead with no appreciation for the game or obviously hasn't watched a WBC game

9. Millz

Adam Dunn is having the time of his life...but guys like Jeter and Rollins who have won a championship look like they are loving this as well. THis win last night certainly proves this tournament is better then originally believed.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I watched the highlights, and it seemed like a very competetive game. David Wright came through in the clutch and hit the game winning single. Should be interesting to see how they do against Venezeula tonight.