USA Benefits System

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
A little project that we're doing at BEST is comparing our own benefit system to a few other countries; can i get some help with this please guys?

There are just a few things i'd like to know:

• How much money do you get in food stamps and how often? Per week or per month?
  • Do you get help paying your rent /and or bills?
  • Are you exempt from paying some taxes?
  • Are you exempt from paying for prescribed medication?
  • Do you get any funding or help from the Government for training or to be retrained?
  • Does the system differ from state to state? If so...can i get an example?
I'm not expecting everyone to know all that about the benefit system; but if i can get an idea about a few things that that'd be great!

Thanks guys.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I think that the amount received in food stamps depends on the need; I believe it's a case-by-case basis but I could be wrong.

There are certain housing developments and some individual landlords who participate in a program called Section 8, in which the government pays part or all of a person's rent, again the amount depends on need.

Prescription medication is covered under Medicaid, if the person qualifies. Medicaid is the health insurance program provided by the Federal Government to low-income individuals/families.

Some states have programs that provide a certain amount of money toward job training. Michigan has a program called No Worker Left Behind, which provides up to $4000 toward career training for those who have lost their jobs.

Some states provide benefits in addition to what the Federal Government provides

I live in wales UK where prescriptions are free for everyone, You just have to fill in a form to get almost any benefit you want and a lack of proper checks on who really needs it has left our government scrambling to find a way to sort benefit theifs from needy people.
molusxx