• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV US TV Show Hiatus

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I download several TV shows from the US which are released every Thursday, which means I download them every Friday. Today however I have noticed that no new episodes are out and that most of them won't be back on for a few weeks. I was hoping someone in the US could tell me what's going on.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I download several TV shows from the US which are released every Thursday, which means I download them every Friday. Today however I have noticed that no new episodes are out and that most of them won't be back on for a few weeks. I was hoping someone in the US could tell me what's going on.
You seem to be behind more than a month from the original air date. T.V. shows are on a hiatus for about a month (less or more depending on the show) in December or January.

Konshentz

Konshentz
What shows? Most of them go on hiatus for the holidays (like Steve mentioned) but others just take random hiatuses. Cougar Town is on one right now, which seems like a weird time to take one.

They annoy me, for sure.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I download Glee, Nikita and Parks and Recreation. And I'm not behind by months, I always download the show only about 5-6 hours after it's first US airing. Only this week all three of the shows I download every week, and a few others have been postponed for two weeks or so. It seems strange that this has happened to all the shows at once.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Glee just came off of a monster hiatus, I don't understand why they are taking a week off so soon. That show is ridiculous. Haha.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Looks like it has to do with the size of the season ordered:

Glee (a Titles & Air Dates Guide)

Glee only has 16 episodes in a season while other shows will have 18-20+ episodes in a season. It's probably the same for a lot of shows. You can find all of this stuff on Google.

Like this:
http://glee.community.fox.com/go/thread/view/100198/27100157/?pg=last said:
The broadcast after so short time is to avoid illegal downloads from p2p platforms.
The delays are often due to dubbing/subtitles in non english speaking countries and to the fact that in Europe we don't like all the stop and go in the broadcasting that the american audience has. In several european countries 2 episodes are broadcasted during the same night because in Europe we are used to two hours primetime show (20.30 - 22.30).

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm pretty sure Glee will end up being 22 episodes this season. They were in talks for 25, but I haven't checked up on that.