US Swimming relay last night

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by Millz, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

That was one of the best moments that I've witnessed in Olympic sport. I yelled at the top of my lungs when the US upset the French last night. Actually, that's the first time I've cared about a swimming race and the first time I jumped and yelled for swimming in my life...it was three fold...

(1) For Michael Phelps. This was one of the non sure things for his quest for 8 gold medals. This was huge for him and the emotion was outta sight.

(2) France opening their big mouths. This is a perfect case of STFU. They said they were gonna crush us but they got crushed. How's it feel?

(3) Pro swimming analysists claim that's the best relay theyve ever seen and the greastest comeback ever. Do be down that much towards the end and to win its completely unbelievable.

USA USA USA

Just one of those times Im happy I'm American.

Damn

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I missed it last night because every time I kept looking over there it was something I didn't want to watch but I caught it this morning and man was it great.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I was watching it and I kept thinking how Australia (at least I think it was them) was gonna win this, then at the last second America pulled ahead and I was like "OH SHIT!" and then I saw Michael Phelps cheering.

4. Millz

No that would be the heavily favored Frenchmen who were about to win but karma came up and bite them in the ass.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I jumped up and screamed at the end of the race too. There was a similar relay 4 years ago where I went crazy. I think it was the 4x200m freestyle. The Americans barely out-touched Australia's Ian Thorpe, who is one of the greatest swimmers ever. I think the other six teams were like a length of the pool behind.

6. Millz

Ah yes, the infamous Ian Thorpe. The same guy who said Phelps had no chance of winning 8 golds.

7. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I had to go to bed right before this started.

So the first thing I did when I woke up was check and see what happened. I'm glad that we won and in the fashion we won. Now those fools that said they were gonna whoop us can STFU and GTFO China.

*starts the USA chant*

8. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I didn't see it when it happened, but I watched the replay online. It was one hell of a race. I liked how on the last leg the announcers were saying that is looked like the US was going to have to settle for the silver, then all of the sudden Lezak pulled it out.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

10. Millz

Nice, thanks Echoes.

I wanted to make more comments about how the French are wussy bitches but then I remembered ysabel might see it.

But no offense ysabel but your countrymen are loud mouths and got what they deserved :D