• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

US States Ranked From Best to Worst

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was surprised to see on here that Colorado (where I live) has the best economy out of every state at the moment. How did your state fair in these categories and do you agree with how it was ranked?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

CubsMascot

Registered Member
Illinois came in 35th. I can't believe that California beat us ..since all I hear that all our friends that live their wish they have the means to be able to move.

Impaired

Registered Member
Pennsylvania is 38th? I live outside Philly but close enough to walk to the city limits. I really think a big part of the issue is Pennsyltucky, the middle of the state where we have the largest number of racist hate groups of any state in the union. Sure, the City of Brotherly love has issues - crime, poverty, taxes, but it is a nice city to visit with lots of history and culture.

I am not surprised it ranks so low, but am disappointed. I really love Penn's Woods.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
30th for Missouri...that's a surprisingly good showing by us. Usually our crime rate hurts as a lot.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, what pulled Missouri down was crime and healthcare but we did well in financial stability and quality of life.

If it hadn't been for California getting a 4 on economy and 11 on healthcare they would have been towards the bottom of the list. They got a 46 on opportunity, 43 on financial stability and 50 on quality of life.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Illinois came in 35th. I can't believe that California beat us ..since all I hear that all our friends that live their wish they have the means to be able to move.
California's numbers are skewed because of Hollywood and all the music made there. The music and movie industries are huge, which makes their economy look huge. Overall, it's a craphole.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
California's numbers are skewed because of Hollywood and all the music made there. The music and movie industries are huge, which makes their economy look huge. Overall, it's a craphole.
Yeah, for people who live there and don’t work in those industries, it probably doesn’t feel like a #4 economy. I’m still trying to figure out how Colorado is #1 in economy...

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Waaayyy down the list at #42 for SC. Think it was generally scored fairly except for education(#48). We have great 2-year and 4-year colleges. We should have great high schools because I pay a fortune in property taxes.

Sian

Registered Member
I'm in Colorado, too, Mirage and I don't know if I like how the economy here is going. Housing and rent are too high.