• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

US Rapper banned from UK and Australia

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
American rapper, Tyler, the Creator has been banned from entering both the UK and Australia because of his lyrics that promote violence against women.

http://pedestrian.tv/news/entertain...-cre/42c8f5a8-3d47-4767-9629-5d7587798700.htm

Shows in both places had to be cancelled and people got refunds.

I'm kind of drawn on this. Because on one hand I hate censorship and I think this is taking it a bit far, but on the other hand I have a strong personal hatred of Tyler, his music and what he has done to women in the past. So I'm kind of glad this shit is happening to him. And I'm even more happy that my own country is one of the ones that banned him since I'm quite happy not having people like that here.

So yeah kind of conflicted on this. I wonder if any other countries will ban him as well.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no idea what was in his lyrics, not a fan of rap at all, still when it comes to censorship I'm not crazy about it. However if a radio or TV station wants to refuse to play songs based on their lyrics I'm fine with that but a country I think its a slippery slope. Bet they can still listen on Youtube.

He said he was just there last month and this was over a song he wrote years ago. Wonder what took them so long.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I have no idea what was in his lyrics, not a fan of rap at all, still when it comes to censorship I'm not crazy about it. However if a radio or TV station wants to refuse to play songs based on their lyrics I'm fine with that but a country I think its a slippery slope. Bet they can still listen on Youtube.

He said he was just there last month and this was over a song he wrote years ago. Wonder what took them so long.
Some examples of his lyrics Hilander.

"Rape a pregnant bitch and tell my friends I had a threesome. "

"
She still don't know I made Sarah to strangle her
Not put her in danger and chop her up in the back of a Wrangler
All because she said no to homecoming,"

Etc etc. Those aren't even some of his worst lyrics. So I dunno, I guess some people are fans of listening to music about raping women and babies and cutting women up into pieces. I would question the mentality of anyone who is fans of this.

He also famously sent all his millions of twitter followers against some women who stood up to him against his lyrics. Which resulted in months of violent threats, death threats and rape threats online against this women who for a time feared for their life.

So yeah, I'm not a huge fan of censorship, but when you consider all the above I really don't care if this fucker keeps being banned from countries haha.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Some examples of his lyrics Hilander.

"Rape a pregnant bitch and tell my friends I had a threesome. "

"
She still don't know I made Sarah to strangle her
Not put her in danger and chop her up in the back of a Wrangler
All because she said no to homecoming,"

Etc etc. Those aren't even some of his worst lyrics. So I dunno, I guess some people are fans of listening to music about raping women and babies and cutting women up into pieces. I would question the mentality of anyone who is fans of this.

He also famously sent all his millions of twitter followers against some women who stood up to him against his lyrics. Which resulted in months of violent threats, death threats and rape threats online against this women who for a time feared for their life.

So yeah, I'm not a huge fan of censorship, but when you consider all the above I really don't care if this fucker keeps being banned from countries haha.
He is disgusting. I don't know why anyone would ever buy one of his records especially if your a woman. Really have to wonder where his head is at wanting to record something like that.

Still I wouldn't take away his right to record a song like that. I would rather people say what they think so I know who to avoid.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah well no one has taken away his right to record, just his rights to enter certain countries (for a period of 3-5 years I believe, not forever).

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Imo full on retards should be banned and he totally does fit that. I mean even if he calls it music it still incites violence and people get arrested for that.
I dont like censorship but only if people have important stuff to discuss. But garbage is more important than anything he says. So yeah I totally do approve the ban hammer.

Konshentz

Konshentz
He's just doing what Eminem did more than a decade ago. He's a shock rapper. He's not great, I'm not a huge fan... but I'm sure this doesn't bother him in the least. This is what these kind of entertainers want.

And wait... how is he a 'full on retard'?

I believe his music causes violence against women the same way video games cause violence... only if you're a screwed up piece of shit in the first place.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I feel like it does bother him at least a bit, as he's had sold out shows in both the UK and Australia that have now had to all be cancelled. Including any future shows he might have in either place so I'd say that would be a pretty big monetary loss for him.

I don't know if music would "cause" violence either Det, all I know is that if someone thinks it's okay to rap about raping babies then they are not the type of person I want in my country, and it sickens me to think some people actually idolize or look up to someone like him. Which unfortunately some people do.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
...And wait... how is he a 'full on retard'?...
1. One of my friends writes more intelligent lyrics than he writes. And he is only 16. Any nutjob could write the lyrics that rapper writes.
2. Only a full on retard would be stupid enough to get banned in 2 liberal countries. He will probaly get banned in more countries too.
3. He wants women and he raps those lyrics. That makes a lot of women hate on him so he is a loser.Only a full on retard would do that.

So if he isnt a full on retard then nobody is.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I just hope the people that look up to and idolize him understand that he's not being serious. I know that should be obvious to us sane people but there are definitely some real dumbasses out there. Haha.