TV US Office Episide: "New Boss"

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
This episode will air tonight. It's titled "New Boss" where a new boss comes to Dunder Mifflin. Here's a clip of some of the cast talking about it.

"The Office" Cast - MSN Video

Should be interesting. Who else will watch it tonight?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I watched it and it was alright. To be honest I'm kind of getting sick of this show. I'd like to see them get rid of Michael and a couple others (Kelly for sure) and bring on a few fresh characters.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That won't happen. They won't get rid of main characters unless the actors want to be written out. And even then I wouldn't trust it unless they stayed gone for at least 10 episodes based on past "fake write outs".

I thought this episode was pretty good. Episodes like this remind me of one of my previous jobs when stuff like this actually happens. It's always interesting getting a new boss and you never know what will happen. I like the new element/atmosphere that was added with the new boss. It will be interesting to see where they take it.

I thought it was pretty hilarious that Jim wore a tux to work. That can almost never end well. I actually had a job that required a tux (not an office job, mind you) so it's pretty funny to see somebody wearing one in that environment. :lol:

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I missed the first few minutes of it, and was a little distracted, so I was confused as to why Jim was wearing a tux. I am shocked that Michael quit...but of course, that can't last.

I'm going to watch it again today.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watched bits and pieces while trying to watch wrestling and the NCAA tournament last night. Michael annoys me so much...I love it.

I thought the episode was pretty good.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Ok, I just watched it again. The thing that I found the most funny is that Jim was Michael that episode. He was awkward and inappropriate to the new boss. It was hilarious. I bet he feels like a gigantic tool.

And wth did Michael quit for? The only thing I can figure out is that he wanted David to fire the new boss, and it didn't happen so he quit.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didnt get why he quit either...he seemed to get what he wanted...his party. I guess it goes back to what you said and that might be where we go next. Obviously something is going to happen to keep him aboard.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, I mean if Ryan can be promoted to corporate, fired for a scandal involving company money, and then rehired back at the Scranton branch I think they won't be rid of Michael just yet. I hope they don't do something cheesy like they did with Ryan though.

Personally I think he'll be back in the next episode (rehired too lol). I think this new boss episode was a bit more realistic than many of the other ones. They get away with so much crap at that office. It was only a matter of time before somebody stepped in to look into it a bit. :lol:

Party planning committee? I always laughed about that. That would have never flown at any of the places I worked. :lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, I mean if Ryan can be promoted to corporate, fired for a scandal involving company money, and then rehired back at the Scranton branch I think they won't be rid of Michael just yet. I hope they don't do something cheesy like they did with Ryan though.
That's one of the big reasons why I'm losing interest. Michael and Dwight would have both been fired a long time ago. The whole Ryan thing was incredibly retarded. And now I'm sure Michael will find a way back to his regular job after quitting.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Haha. The committee thing never sounded weird to me. We have committees here too. Every single department has specific people who handle the charity from our dept to United Way. Then there are groups or clubs of people throughout the company based on their interests. They have a creative writing group, weight watchers group, things like that. I guess that could be like the Finer Things Club. Maybe I should start that here.