US cuts down to 15

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Star - The USA finalized their 15-man roster on Tuesday, which includes LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Shane Battier, Bruce Bowen, Elton Brand, Dwight Howard, Antawn Jamison, Joe Johnson, Brad Miller, Gilbert Arenas, Amare Stoudemire, Kirk Hinrich, Chris Bosh and Chris Paul.

Coach Mike Krzyzewski and his staff must trim the roster to 12 players before the world championships.

Shawn Marion, Adam Morrison and Luke Ridnour were cut in this round.

The team will play five warmup games in Las Vegas, China and Korea before opening the world championships in Japan on Aug. 19

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41660/20060725/usa_cuts_down_to_15/

2. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

i agree with the choices. obviously marion was cut because of his injury so. ridnour wasnt good enoug and morrison is to young and inexperinced IMO

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am really glad that Chris Bosh made the cut. Coach K as been praising him a lot during these last few days in Las Vegas. It's really weird to see Chirs Paul make the team. It shows that he can handle himself with the big boys. I am happy for him.

4. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

him and hinrich are the only true point guards so they had to make it

5. Godfather

Godfather Guest

That's straight Kirk Hinrich is still around....

6. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

battier over marion... wierd marion could have helped a lot more inside, and I didnt see Kobe mentioned at all.. shit i wanted to see him play this summer so bad.

7. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

marion was hurt, thsats why he didnt make it

8. R.Lewis_52

R.Lewis_52 Guest

They cut Shawn Marion i don't care about Adam Morrison and Luke Ridnour but they cut the matrix out of all the small fowards there. I think the matrix is way better then melo the matrix helped his team get past the first and second round of the playoffs well melo was at home watching.

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Is this the national team for USA?
    Good to see Wade in it

10. Even though im a Washington Wizards fan, I have to say, Shawn Marion is an overall better player then Antawn Jamison. Maybe Jamison was doing very well in the scrimmages. Who knows?