Urlacher Texts Chicago Tribune "Season is over"

Registered Member
Brian Urlacher's season appears in jeopardy after the Chicago Bears' six-time Pro Bowl linebacker told the Chicago Tribune his "season is over" in a text message.

Urlacher left Sunday's 21-15 loss to the Green Bay Packers with a wrist injury in the third quarter.

Bears coach Lovie Smith said Urlacher dislocated his wrist, and no timetable had been set for his return.

Citing unnamed sources, the Chicago Tribune reported on Sunday night that Urlacher will have surgery when the team returns to Chicago. The newspaper reported that Urlacher had an X-ray at halftime, but an MRI was not needed.

"It's always tough to have your leader go down," linebacker Lance Briggs said, according to the newspaper. "He knows the defense better than anybody and he communicates everything to everyone else."

It wasn't clear which play Urlacher was injured on, but he left on Green Bay's first drive of the second half on Sunday night. Team officials had no other details about the injury or on his possible return.

Urlacher made several plays in the first half, including when he lowered his right shoulder into the quarterback Aaron Rodgers after he had released the ball on a third down to send him sprawling.
That's not good for the Bears. He is the leader on the defense, and on the entire team. I know Cutler had 4 interceptions, but losing him on defense hurt them in the game too.

Monday Night Rollins
Staff member
Well he's not the same player as he was earlier in his career but he's a team leader who leads by example.

This is a huge loss.

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
Definitely not good for the Bears, I fill bad for Urlacher because for the first time in awhile he was healthy, and now this. I watched the first half of that game and he looked like the good ol' Urlacher we love to watch. Hopefully he can make a quick recovery.
Funny thing is Michaels and Collinsworth raved about him finally being healthy and then this. This defintely hurts them, but the biggest thing wrong with this team is you have a return man as your #1 WR. Not good.

4 legs good 2 legs bad
A linebacker is out for the season with a wrist injury? WTF.

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
Well it's official he had surgery and now he's out for the season. Man this blows a lot, I'm a fan of the Bears and Urlacher is one of the players I really love to watch. That hit he laid on Rodgers in the first half was just brutal. Man this sucks.

Son of Liberty
Yeah that is a big time loss for them. I mean I know the Bears D is usually pretty tough to start with... but anytime any team loses their leader like that its tough. Even if the leader isnt as spectacular as he was back in his hay day.

*checks to see if Chicago is my FF team D* wooof no I'm good.