• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Upside Down (2012)

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have only just come across this film on IMDb and I really cannot wait to see it, before I go on here is a trailer:

Upside Down Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Juan Diego Solanas Movie HD - YouTube

It is in a way the same story of "The Time Machine" in the sense that the dwellers underneath never see light and will never enter the people of the underground but I love that is not what it is all about.

The film stars Jim Sturgess and Kirsten Dunst as two people who in a romeo and juliet style romance cannot be together because society forbids it. What I want to say about this is that yes, it does have amazing special effects but for once it is not a film that has special effects for the sake of them, it has them for a purpose of story telling. I will get shouted at again for disliking Inception as much as I did but rather like this it did not rely on special effects to hide weakness in a story, they were needed.

I am not sure when this will come out but if IMDb is to be believed it will be March 15 in the UK, I am avoid any reviews on this because I really think this is a good film to go in with eyes closed.