• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Upgrading my Laptop

Gavik

Registered Member
Hey, just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with upgrading a laptop. I have a HP Pavilion that I bought about a year ago with a 500gb HD and 4GB of RAM. I wanted to see what it would take to bump that to 1 TB and possibly more RAM as well. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Blueyes

Registered Member
you have to look at your specs to make sure the MB has the capability to handle more than 4 gb of RAM first and see if you can find a laptop HD in a 1 TB first and then see if it is the same dimensions as what you already have

EuroFight

Registered Member
Really, the only limitations for upgrading laptop is the motherboard capability, and the physical space inside the laptop. If you've got both of those, you can upgrade until you reach the limits. One small note is not to overload the fans. If you have a small doubt of the fan's capabilities, buy a better fan. Decent fans only cost about £5 - £10 ($10 - $20) and it's better to spend that money on a fan rather than about £200 - £500 ($300 - $650) on a new laptop.

Hope this helps!

EuroFight

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impaired Technology 1
Hilander Computers 4
Merc Computers 2
H Computers 1
dDave Computers 5