• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Updating GF Homepage

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've been wondering for a while how often the GF homepage will be updated. I'm talking about that box which is currently showing Dark Knight Rises, Spiderman, Skyrim ec. The movies still haven't come out, but Skyrim has been out for a long time, and the GF iPod comp is still being advertised there and it finished ages ago.

Falconer

Registered Member
Beat me to the punch, Cru, i was thinking of making a post about this too :p I've been wondering the same thing, though I wonder if it's because Hybrix is so busy right now. Who decides what goes up there, anyway?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I think the design etc of the site is down to Brix, like you say, as he is busy I imagine it is the last thing on his mind right now, however with BR becoming an Admin he may be able to make changes also.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's already been discussed with Hybrix.

Thanks!

wooly

I am the woolrus
Another thing i thought i might throw in here, is that sometimes the "Popular Threads" on both the home page and the sidebar are WAY off. It seems to operate on keywords but sometimes threads that are long closed are up!

For example, according the homepage right now dDave's introduction thread is a popular thread! Probably due to his MOTM nomination. Few weeks go as well loads of old, closed GF awards threads came up.

You've probably noticed all this already but just thought i'd throw it in there!

BigBob

Registered Member
What "popular thread" thing on the sidebar are you talking about? The sidebar gives two options, "Latest Posts" and "Similar Threads". "Latest Posts" are always correct, and the "Similar Threads" just takes keywords out of the title of the current thread you're in and gives you other things you may be interested in.

wooly

I am the woolrus
What "popular thread" thing on the sidebar are you talking about? The sidebar gives two options, "Latest Posts" and "Similar Threads". "Latest Posts" are always correct, and the "Similar Threads" just takes keywords out of the title of the current thread you're in and gives you other things you may be interested in.
When you're on the "forums" section of the site (i.e. not having clicked into a thread yet) the two sidebars are "latest threads" and "popular threads". The popular threads sidebar sometimes has the same old, closed threads in it that the homepage does.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The reasons they're considered "Popular Threads" is because people went back and viewed the threads recently. For example, you'll see a lot of old intro threads, well, it's because a bunch of people went back and read intros from veteran members. Same thing with the old GF award threads.

If it's on the side bar like that it's because people recently viewed them, they're just not there by chance.

Last edited:

wooly

I am the woolrus
ahh nice one! I thought it might have just been because of tags or keywords. Thanks for clearing that up!