Updated Draft rumors for Draft Express

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Celtic Fan, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

2. patkick

patkick #21

I don't see Hawes as a lottery pick. He has solid athleticism. But he's only good at offense and his defense is quite lacking because of his strength. It's better for him to wait a year of two. Or has he already signed an agent?

3. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

the date of withdrawal was monday.
    anyone who's still in, is in.

4. patkick

patkick #21

Oh my bad. I haven't been up to date with the draft lately. :sad:

5. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

no worries. that's why I mentioned it ;)

yeah Hawes seems like a reach, but sometimes a team falls in love with a player and think he'll fit the team.

personally I think he's gonna be a bust or average at best.

6. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I agree with Celtic Fan. I don't see him being that big of a star , A guy that is nice for a team but one that you don't for sure NEED.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

See this is the site I look at for Mock Draft and it's been very accurate in my mind in the past. http://nbadraft.net/ they have the Celtics selecting Jeff Green which I believe is a good pick for them he has had great work outs and he would be a good addition in my mind.

8. patkick

patkick #21

They could put him at powerforward and then run and gun gameplay:
    pg: Rondo
    sg: G.Green
    sf: Pierce
    pf: J.Green
    c: Al Jefferson

Al Jefferson will need to tone down his body though. I can't see him in his current shape play 60+ games with the run and gun offense.

Other than that the Celtics don't need another wingplayer, they got Wally, Green and Pierce. Though Wally missed a shitload of games I think he'll come back next year. So IF the Celts draft him they'll turn him into a Lamar Odom type of player.

nbadraft.net ranks players on talent and potential not nessesarily on the need of teams imo.

9. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

Espn is reporting that the C's are gonna nab Brewer.. he's like #4 on my list of wants behind Horford, Green and Noah (Yikes) because they all have size.

I don't see the C's being a big running team. More like run when it's opportune.

Jefferson is not a runner, but he's the 2nd best player on the team and the future of the team.
    unless Ainge does trade him for KG.... ugh