Update on Ted Dibiase Face Turn

Anthony1975

Registered Member
From The Wrestling Observer

The latest word on Ted DiBiase turning babyface is that they talked this weekend about holding it off until the Royal Rumble PPV. It's also being discussed to have Ted face Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 26.
I half expected the turn to happen last night but I guess it would be better on a big PPV.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm totally saw this coming months away. I think it is smarter to have DiBiase turn on him at the Royal Rumble, as more of an impact that way.

I called that match at Wrestlemania 26 a while ago. I think it as a chance to be a great match, DiBiase is getting better in the ring and it as shown as of late. I personally believe Orton should put DiBiase over big time if they do face each other at Wrestlemania. It would be a smart business move.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Personally i couldn't believe Rhodes beat Henry. I thought for sure he was gonna lose, Orton attack him and DiBiase intervene or something. Wonder which way Rhodes is gonna go after DiBiase turns face. That was a big push last night, having him go over Henry.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought the Rhodes victory was the bigger story as well...thought there was no way he was going to win and Orton was setting Rhodes up to fail. I mean come on. Ted gets Bourne but Cody gets Mark frickin Henry? And then he pins him clean? Crazy.

Orton vs DiBiase makes the most sense for Wrestlemania but I do wonder what happens with RHodes.

Isn't that sort of a slap in the face to Cody? Wouldn't it make sense for Ted to go up against Cody and THEN go onto face Orton? Yeah, that feels like a slap in the face. >.<;

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Isn't that sort of a slap in the face to Cody? Wouldn't it make sense for Ted to go up against Cody and THEN go onto face Orton? Yeah, that feels like a slap in the face. >.<;
I think it depends on how it all plays out. Maybe Rhodes sides with Orton and they have some matches on RAW before Orton faces DiBiase. They could string it out longer. Who knows.

Or Maybe Rhodes and DiBiase both go face.

Or Maybe Rhodes and DiBiase both go face.
:drool: Or, think about this: Kofi and Ted vs Orton and Cody. They are keeping the Kofi angle-thing alive, and well, maybe if Orton loses to Kofi down the road then Ted will come out to attack Orton before Orton has a chance to punt Kofi.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Even though we've never seen Ted as a face I think he's better suited as a face and Rhodes as a heel. It's very easy to hate Cody Rhodes because he's cocky. But Ted as that baby face and if they do the face turn perfect for him then he'll be a great face.

I don't think it's a slap in the face for Cody, you never know he might get a push for the US Title.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I just wish that he had alot more charisma so he can become a very good face.

I'm looking forward to this face turn actually, but I'm hoping that he doesn't become one of those boring babyfaces.

When they were showing clips of The Marine 2 Ted seemed really nice and genuine. If he used that realness to his advantage I can see him becoming a good, quality face wrestler.