• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

(Update) Nelson Mandela still alive

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I just heard the news that Nelson Mandela passed away. This hasn’t been announced or made public yet, as it just happened. The only way I know this is because the local news agency (eNews) are one of my clients and I just had to urgently book their flights and accommodation to cover the funeral after they had given me the heads up a couple of months ago that this will happen suddenly and will be urgent when it happens.

So yeah, I guess I am not even allowed to talk about it yet, but I didn’t want anyone else to make this thread once the news breaks, which it will very shortly.

I have many things to say and discussion that will follow, I just wanted to put this out there. Now you all know.

Feel free to share any thoughts, condolences, etc in this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Wow! That's very very sad to hear!!! I'm so sorry! Thanks for letting us know. I'll start to google now and understand in details what happened.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know there were a few rumors out there that he passed away last week but that was a big hoax. Now it seems that it actually happened which is terrible. We all know the life story of Nelson Madela, he was a great human being, and did so many great things for his country.

He'll be missed.

RIP

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I still haven't heard anything. I see on CNN.com that Mandela is hospitalized. But nothing on his death. It might be too early.

Impact

V.I.P.
Such sad news. May he rest in peace and be remembered for all the great things he did.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Why is the Mandela Foundation being quiet about it? Their last announcement was him having "routine" tests, but that doesn't require mass visit from his family immediately - it makes it look more serious than it is. Which could be the case, if he's indeed dead now.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
It's far too early. The news hasn't even been announced here and rumours are already flying wild. I literally only know because of my clients covering the funeral. My mother just told me they are covering it up on the news, which would make sense with something as sensitive as this to only be announced once everything is in order arrangement wise.

I'll keep you guys updated on anything I hear. All I know is that reporters are already on their way to Umtata to set up for the funeral coverage. But I also know that only me and my direct manager knows this and we aren't allowed to speak of it yet. But then, I do have a big mouth!

Puck

Registered Member
I honestly never expected this to happen. He's always seemed like some super human that will just always be around to make the world a better place.

I just picked up his autobiography, I'm even more excited to read it now.
Please keep me updated, Ids, I don't always have a chance to check CNN and such so if I don't, I'd still like to know details and stuff.

He'll be missed dearly all around the world.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When the news break about this and can confirm it then it will be huge. Mandela is an icon around the World, he's talked about in Schools, students do projects on his life. He's a very special person, and has made a real positive impact in South Africa. CuriousGirl would be the better person to talk about him in this way, since she obviously knows more than I do, but this is just terrible.