• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Upcoming Total Solar Eclipse

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Total Solar Eclipse 2017: When, Where and How to See It (Safely)

Many States Preparing For Historic Eclipse Like A Natural Disaster

There will be a total solar eclipse August 21st. At least for some in a path across the US. Last one was 99 years ago so we plan on finding a great spot to view it. Apparently a lot of people are, hope its not too crowded. We have bought special glasses so we can look at it safely and also zero gravity lawn chairs. I can't stand looking up for a long time and I want to be comfortable.

How about you? Will you be viewing it from home or will you have to travel?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Missouri is gonna be super crowded...I can't wait!

We're gonna go outside as a work group, so that's kinda cool

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wonder how wildlife will react to the totality.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm glad there are so many others who are excited for this. It's such a cool thing that is so rare so I am going to enjoy it while I can.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Missouri is gonna be super crowded...I can't wait!

We're gonna go outside as a work group, so that's kinda cool
Most places along the eclipse is going to be crowded. I'm afraid we won't be able to find a place that isn't.

I wonder how wildlife will react to the totality.
I doubt it bothers them. It won't be dark that long.

The centerline of totality runs half a mile from my house. I'm taking the day off work. Very excited.
My son is taking the day off and we are going to make a day of it. Thought about turning it into a picnic as well.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Was a pretty cool experience. We had a party of sorts here at work and brought in moon and sun related items and all went out and watched it. I went out when it was just starting to see the progress. Got pretty dark...birds chirped and the cicadas sang, was odd. Glad I got to experience it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crypticshock Hockey 0
MenInTights Movies & TV 8
penny4URthoughts Movies & TV 0
StroShow Baseball 1
Dekzper Music 11