Upcoming rivalries

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
After watching yesterdays game between the New York Rangers and the Montreal Canadiens, I thought to myself that these two teams hate each other and are becoming a great rivalry. So what teams do you think are becoming good rivalries. Here's a few that I think. You can choose a team more then once.

Montreal vs Rangers
Pittsburgh vs Montreal
Anaheim vs Detroit
Minnesota vs Vancouver

What are your thoughts?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See I mean upcoming rivalries not current rivalries in the NHL, everyone knows that Boston and Montreal are a great rivalry and Detroit vs Colorado have been one of the best rivalries in the NHL for years.

padd

Registered Member
Since the post lockout format schedule based on divisional rivalries came into place, it has faired well with some and not for others. Although naturally rivalrys are born in the playoffs, and potentially the San Jose Sharks and the Nashville Predators have a chance of meeting for a 3rd straight year.. if that doesn't say rivalry, what does :confused:

Personally as a Habs fan I'm bored of seeing Buffalo 8 times a season.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, but next season will play everytime at least once, so it's going to be more fun to watch. I kind of agree with you when you say that rivalries mostly start in the playoffs, becase they play each other often, but MTL hasn't faced the Penguins or the Rangers in the playoffs in a really long time, and their a great rivalry.

Turbo

Registered Member
Tomorrows Bruins/Rangers game should be intense. My Rangers are trying to make up points and take the division and/or conference and the Bruins need to make up for REALLY poor play this past week. Should be a great game.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just thought of another rivalry that should be coming pretty big in the next few seasons, and that would be the Capitals vs Penguins. One of the biggest reasons I say that is because Sid the Kid and Ovechkin, they'll be forever be link together in my opinion, and there's going to be a lot of debates in years to come to find out who's better between the two, and I believe when these two teams face each other, it's entertaining hockey.