• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Upcoming Biblical Movies

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
There are some great movies coming up based on Biblical history.

Gods and Kings looks fantastic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4iSzHXOUEE

Left behind looks good. Always liked Nick Cage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrXe8YDbzYs

There is a movie about Mary that I probably won't see because of who is involved.

There is a big budget David and Goliath. The story of David be great movies if done right.

Anyone else excited about these or know of any others?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Gods and Kings looks pretty good.

I wanted to see Noah earlier this year but I never did. Seemed to get pretty mixed reviews, but I'm a big Darren Aronofsky fan, so I'll probably watch it eventually.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Nick Cage entertains me for some reason every time he's on screen, so I'll go to see his face and end up enjoying it. I always thought the bible was interesting as a book (completely out of context from the biblical aspects). People wrote down these stories and now everyone knows some of them. And some of them are super epic. Just cause its religious doesn't mean it ain't actually kind of badass, kids.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Gods and Kings looks pretty good.

I wanted to see Noah earlier this year but I never did. Seemed to get pretty mixed reviews, but I'm a big Darren Aronofsky fan, so I'll probably watch it eventually.
I heard some really dumb things about Noah. Not to spoil it, but think Jar-Jar Binks. Its possible to make a Biblical movie that appeals to a broad spectrum, from what I read Noah just got a little too broad for me.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
God and Kings looked really good, I would like to see it. I always liked Biblical movies if they are well done and this one looks like it is. I'm also interested in ancient Egyptian history.

Left Behind looked like it would be good and would like to see it also. It would be freaky to have so many people disappear like that.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Noah was horrible. I hated it. God and Kings looks appealing, I'll definitely watch it.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
My favorite Biblical movie and one of my favorite movies overall is "The 10 Commandments". I love when Cicil Demille walks out before the movie starts and says: "The theme of this picture is whether man ought to be ruled by God's law, or whether they are to be ruled by the whims of a dictator, like Rameses." I probably remind myself of that quote once a week. Even compared to movies today its still a beautiful movie.

Sim

Registered Member
I bought a DVD box with tv movies about the OT and NT made in the 90s, as a European-American co-production.

IIRC, there are 17 tv movies, from Genesis to Apocalypse.

While just tv movies, several of them are pretty decent, IMO. Now the "Jesus" movie is rather populist, with a silly side-story about Mary of Magdalene and their unfulfilled love story... so basically, many elements that are not in the Bible, just for the sake of telling a story.

But especially many of the OT movies are really good, IMO.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
After

For many reasons, this is the dumbest thing to ever come out of Christian Bale's mouth. If that's the attitude of the guys that made it, I will skip it. Too bad, could have been a great movie.

Last edited: