• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Upcoming Artists?

calipunkerz

What are some of the more recent artists you guys are into? Anything out there that's worth an ear?

I actually was looking for some new music lately and one of my friends at Fontana recommended them to me. The band is called The New Rivals. I was a little hesitant to hear them but went to their website www.myspace.com/thenewrivals and heard a few of their tracks. Their pretty good. I was impressed!
But I dunno that's just me. Everyone has their own opinions, right?
They kinda remind me of Hot Water music via Rise Against. The voice of Chuck regan and the lead singer of The New Rivals have a slight similarity. Maybe it's because I'm a huge fan of Hot Water, Lagwagon and others....
Anywayzzzzzzz, that's just me you guys can listen for yourself if you want to.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just picked up a new CD from a group called "The Cinematics" in England.

They are quite good. I especially love their song "A Strange Education".

www.myspace.com/thecinematics

What do you think?

sndmn23

I saw a guy named Matt Duke at a little club in Philly. He was amazing. He did a Tool song on an acoustic guitar and my jaw hit the floor. Then I bought his album, Winter Child and I didn't like it at all. It was way too soft. I saw him do most of the same stuff live and it was a completely different experience. The guy is great, but he needs to be seen live.