Up to Speed

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Konshentz, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

So, I'd like to get back into watching wrestling but I've only seen a handful of Raws since 2002-2003, meaning I am WAY behind.

Can you help fill me in on what's going on and what I've missed that still is relevant on what's happen now?

I know that's probably a lot to ask. Haha.

Tucker likes this.

2. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Let's see what I can pull outta my ass...

It looks like based off when you stopped watching you are aware of the brand extension and the fact there are two world titles instead of just one. I believe Eric Bishoff handed Triple H the new World Title of RAW sometime in 2002.

What has happened? A ton has happened. We saw steroids disappear, we saw tag team wrestling take a back seat, we saw wrestling turn into more of entertainment and we saw the emergance of a couple new superstars. Steve Austin and the Rock were gone so in came John Cena, Batista, and Randy Orton. Those three valted to the main event scene as the new young studs. The Undertaker still has his Wrestlemania streak, Edge is the best all around champion in the company, and guys like Michaels, Jericho, and Big Show are still going strong.

Instead of saying what has happened I think its more important to get you up to speed with what's happening right now. Because its easier for me, lol. I should mention that the WWE made ECW as a third brand. Its used as more of a minor leagues then anything else...a place for the young kids to get exposure before moving up to RAw and Smackdown.

RAW still aires on Monday nights on the USA Network. John Cena is the current WWE Champion, The Miz (formerly on the real world) is the United States Champion, and Melina is the Diva's Champion. Those titles are all exclusive to the RAW brand.

Smackdown aires on Fridays on MyNetwork TV. The current World Champion is the Undertaker, the Intercontinental Champ is John Morrison, and the Women's Champ is Michelle McCool.

ECW aires on Tuesday on SciFi. The ECW Champion is Christian. That's the only belt that they have.

The Tag Titles were unified and the champions, Chris Jericho and the Big Show, can appear on any show that they choose. The tag titles are the only titles in which the champs can go on any show. They did this because there werent enough tag teams to have two separate champions. What's the divas title you might ask? Its a second girls belt and yes, its pointless.

Thats enough for now, haha.

Konshentz likes this.
  3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Edge, really? So, he took off and Christian didn't do a whole lot? Ha. I see Edge isn't a champion right now, I'm guessing he is still in the mix though?

Yeah, I've seen ECW on Sci-Fi and thought it was a weird place for it. Ha. I think I watched that a few times but never stuck with it. I think around the time Chavo and CM Punk were feuding?

I remember Mike from RW: Back to New York. Haha. Is he actually a good wrestler? I was flipping through and saw him making fun of Mini Me and Mark Henry. I laughed.

What channel is MyNetwork? Is that the old UPN or CW, or whatever it was called?

Why not unify the women's title and diva's title and just let the girls go on whatever show they want too? Ha.

Thanks, that helped a lot.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  4. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Yep, Edge. I am biased because Edge is my favorite but since 2006 he won the world or wwe title on 9 different occasions. That's pretty ridiculous.

Christian jumped ship to Total Nonstop Action in 2005 so he wasn't around much...he just came back in 2009 to the WWE. He's been awesome since his return too. He's won the ECW title twice and one time he lost he wasn't even pinned to lose the belt. I think he'll get pushed higher next year.

Yeah I thought Sci-Fi was a weird choice too but they must have had the best offer out there. And WWE is a freak show...its perfect if you look at it that way haha. I remember that feud; it was a good one. Since then Chavo has done nothing and Punk has won the World title three times; so it worked out okay for him...needless to say.

He's improved ten fold since he debuted a couple years ago. He's gotten really good. He's a good talker and good wrestler IMO. And if you laughed at that segment you should enjoy most of what WWE puts on the aire these days.

I dont think there is a correlation at all. I had never heard of the channel before Smackdown moved there, haha. I think everyone has the channel but I can't say for sure.

That would be outstanding but they just created the Divas title not that long ago so I dont see it happening. I'd love if they unified the championships though...its pointless to have two.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Millz pretty much nail it on the head.

It's great that your interested in watching WWE again, it's a good time in my opinion because it seems like Hogan is making a push with TNA to compete with the WWE. So if that's the case then it should be getting more interesting.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I have Raw set on my DVR. Sadly, the Dish Network package I have doesn't get the channel with Smackdown. Oh well, I like Raw better anways. Haha.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well you can always stream it if you really interested in watching it, same thing with the Pay Per View that is airing this Sunday which is called Table, Ladders and Chairs. It should be a good one, because there mostly all different type of matches.

Let me know and I can give you a couple of links.

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in seeing both of those. Thanks.