Unwated gifts

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
What do you do with the gifts that you got that you cant find a use for, or just don't like in general?

BigBob

Registered Member
Kind of just let it sit in the closet. I don't like to throw stuff away that people get me, one because I might feel bad and two, what if they ask about it and ask to see it? Haha, what are you going to do?

'Uhh, I got..robbed.. :('

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't care how tacky it is, I re-gift. I'll stick it in the closet until the next year and take it to one of the "White Elephant" gift exchanges.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Muh! Misread the OP my bad... scratch my original post.

I just let them rot in the closet simple as that until a year or so has passed and I chuck 'em in the trash.

Last edited:
o-- Rot in the closet.
o-- Give them to other family members after a period of time. I try to ask them NOT to tell the person who gave it to me anything about it.
o-- Donate to charity if I can. If it's worthy. ;)

The thing that sucks, though, is if the person who gave you the gift has hurt feelings over you not using your gift. I know some people like that and I hate when I have to explain why I don't use their gift. It's tough telling those people that I just don't need/want it.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I tend to donate them to Goodwill a month or two after getting the unwanted gift.

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
I usually keep those types of gifts around for a couple of years. After that I can throw them away or give them to someone else without feeling guilty.