Unwated gifts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xeilo, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

What do you do with the gifts that you got that you cant find a use for, or just don't like in general?

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Kind of just let it sit in the closet. I don't like to throw stuff away that people get me, one because I might feel bad and two, what if they ask about it and ask to see it? Haha, what are you going to do?

'Uhh, I got..robbed.. :('

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't care how tacky it is, I re-gift. I'll stick it in the closet until the next year and take it to one of the "White Elephant" gift exchanges.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Muh! Misread the OP my bad... scratch my original post.

I just let them rot in the closet simple as that until a year or so has passed and I chuck 'em in the trash.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

o-- Rot in the closet.
    o-- Give them to other family members after a period of time. I try to ask them NOT to tell the person who gave it to me anything about it.
    o-- Donate to charity if I can. If it's worthy. ;)

The thing that sucks, though, is if the person who gave you the gift has hurt feelings over you not using your gift. I know some people like that and I hate when I have to explain why I don't use their gift. It's tough telling those people that I just don't need/want it.

6. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I tend to donate them to Goodwill a month or two after getting the unwanted gift.

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Depends what it is. Usually just let it gather dust in the closet. :stare:

8. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

i stick them in my donation pile! some poor person will find whatever it is as a great find!

9. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I didn't get any presents like that.

10. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I usually keep those types of gifts around for a couple of years. After that I can throw them away or give them to someone else without feeling guilty.