Unveiling the truth of history.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Syndicate, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

If the 'Ghost of Times Passed' [citation not needed ;)] visited you one evening and allowed you the chance to revisit one brief moment in history and witness it for yourself, with the purpose of unclouding or discovering unknown events -- which moment you choose? Let's say you have an hour maximum before you head back to the present. It can be for any benefit.

--

(Assuming the ghost had a valid place to take me) I would ask to visit the scene at Jesus' supposed place of resurrection. I would sit in the cave 5 minutes before the event was said to have taken place and watch for myself, returning with divine rejoicing or despair. Even knowing it'd be logically impossible for others to credit the details I brought home, I'd still take the burden.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd like to know the truth behind where we came from and how the world came to exist. There are many theories but it'd be great if I could have the real answer. Some people think the truth will be known when you die... But what if that's not true?

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Ditto that. It's one of (if not THE) most important things in my life, and it's caused me so much consternation.

I agree, that'd be great, but part of the problem is that you wouldn't necessarily know what was the cause. You would see the origins, but that doesn't mean you'd know what was behind it.

If you saw the universe coming into existence, would you know what was causing it? Remember, you only get to observe for an hour.

Bliss likes this.
  4. Eonn

Eonn New Member

You could ask for the critial start hour (if one did exist).

As for not knowing what the cause was, that would be true (perhaps). But at least then you'd have seen the start, and you'd come back with that knowledge and work on researching the theories or ideas/beliefs that other humans have in connection to it.

If you don't see a God create the beggining of everything, then you'd know religion isn't the answer. If you saw an inital huge bang and dust flying everywhere, then you'd follow what science had for your answers.

It wouldn't be a wasted journey.

I wouldn't go back to see Jesus, I am already aware that it can't be true. I find it would be a waste of my hour since I don't feel the need to convince myself with such proof as to actually see it.

I would probably go back and witness a battle of some kind, perhaps Lord Nelson before he is shot on his ship. A moment I would love to witness.

5. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

The murder of JFK,just to see if there was a second gunman behind the grassy knoll!

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Unless a God makes him/herself visible, you probably wouldn't see him/her even if said God did create everything.

Also, what you would see with a "Big Bang" would quite possibly be very similar to if a God created it - matter and energy would all suddenly appear, (seemingly?) out of nowhere.